Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seeing them having a nap next to each other always warms my heart

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
898 Posts
That's a lovely photo of the two of them together. They're very sweet and I look forward to following their journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dura likes flirting too much. Each time pia tries to nap he comes and start flirting to her until one time pia pecked Dura on his head. and he kept staring at me like what's wrong with her. I was like she is not in the mood.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hand feeding Dura and Pia satisfies me. But Dura is a little selfish he goes shouting if I didn't feed him but I feeding pia. LOL

·
Registered
898 Posts
Wow, that's great progress. Well done! It is extremely satisfying when you gain some trust with them, isn't it?! Dura is a greedy little fellow. Pia needs to tell him to back off and share. Keep up the great work.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright so I kept hand feeding them for three days and today I opened the cage and they both left the cage into my shoulder and kept there for some reason. Dura was okay and not scared but Pia was at the start and they kept on my laptop screen until now chirping and playing with each other and they don't Want to enter the cage.

·
Registered
898 Posts
It's starting to look as though they were quite tame at their original home, or at least used to people. It's great that they're able to get sone out of cage time but you must supervise them at all times, cover all mirrors and windows to make sure they can't flutter into them and injure themselves and make the environment as safe as you possibly can. Peg their cage door open and they should return on their own when they're hungry or tired. If you need them to go back you can try using a perch. Hold it gently in front of their abdomen, just above their feet and press gently and they may step up. If they do, move very slowly and be prepared in case they decide to jump off at any stage. While they're out you should gather a few bits and pieces they can use as toys. Congrats on the great progress.

·
Super Moderator
17,952 Posts
I'm glad that Pia and Dura are doing well! They look very happy.

Budgies don't like being touched :) Don't try to touch them or they will be scared. It's better for them to get used to you on their own time. It sounds like so far they're well on their way to trusting you more!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And now the like to stand on my finger but they still prefer the cage. But when they get out they stay near me. Pia like to keep on my finger but Dura like to walk from my finger to my shoulder near my neck and keep pecking my hair. Typing this while pia is napping on my finger and Dura is next to my neck. Here some pics

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can partners get mad from each other when they are tired because mine did it today.

·
Super Moderator
17,952 Posts
Yes, budgies bicker a little bit sometimes, just like people. The only time when you have to be concerned is if they fight constantly and for long periods of time. In that case, you would need to separate them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, budgies bicker a little bit sometimes, just like people. The only time when you have to be concerned is if they fight constantly and for long periods of time. In that case, you would need to separate them.
Okay thx. My budgie isn't really tamed. They don't bother to go outside the cage even tho know they like the cage more. They eat from my hand they Perch on finger but they don't play and don't want me to touch them they still bite and they don't play with toys or with each other outside the cage but there is still hopes for them.

·
Registered
898 Posts
This is lovely to see and Dura and Pia have come a long way in a short amount of time. Keep encouraging them with the toys. Hopefully, in time they'll start to play. Maybe some chewing toys would be a good idea, like Bird Kabobs. Chewing is something they would do naturally and it'll be fun for them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dura and Pia playing soccer but Dura won. I guess that's why pia is always aggressive with me

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.