Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Picogram, 8m old male
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all!
After everyone helped me pick a new cage for Pico, I ordered it and imagine my surprise when it arrived this morning, more than a week ahead of schedule!

Putting it together all by myself was a challenge but nothing could stop me.

Pico took a full 2 minutes to locate the water through, chop bowl and other feeders and was playing with his favorite toy in 10. This boy has no fear and no shame 馃槀

I love seeing him have room to fly from perch to perch, climb all over and have so much room! 馃挄

Pet supply Composite material Wheel Shelving Wood

Wood Pet supply Gas Flooring Door

Mesh Pet supply Dog supply Composite material Gas

Wood Building Publication Metal Fixture

Wood Publication Pet supply Stairs Ceiling

Beak Pet supply Bird supply Mesh Line

Vertebrate Fence Mammal Wood Mesh

Snow Fence Architecture Mesh Line

Premium Member
Nice setup!

The next time you re-arrange, consider having the perches all mounted on the front and back of the cage on the sides. That will give him the optimal amount of room to fly from one side to the other between perches.
Don't feel like the center "empty" space is wasted, that's his glide path :)

Registered
Awesome!!
It looks like the feeder doors have notches on them to keep them from sliding up freely, which is good. If I'm not seeing things right and they slide up/down easily, then please consider installing clips onto those guillotine-style feeding doors: a wily bird will figure out they can lift it up, which could lead to escape or injury. But I think you are safe.

Registered
Picogram, 8m old male
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome!!
It looks like the feeder doors have notches on them to keep them from sliding up freely, which is good. If I'm not seeing things right and they slide up/down easily, then please consider installing clips onto those guillotine-style feeding doors: a wily bird will figure out they can lift it up, which could lead to escape or injury. But I think you are safe.
Fear not, they do have latches which was such a pleasant surprise. Everything that can be moved can also be locked, I'm really happen with the purchase and to have spent a bit extra.

Registered
Picogram, 8m old male
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice setup!

The next time you re-arrange, consider having the perches all mounted on the front and back of the cage on the sides. That will give him the optimal amount of room to fly from one side to the other between perches.
Don't feel like the center "empty" space is wasted, that's his glide path :)
Ooh I'll do just that, thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts