Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My first Budgie babies are hatching out, and we're all so excited. So far 2 have hatched, 3 more to go!

I was curious though what the offspring may look like.

The parents are

Female - Recessive Pied

Male - Blue Cobalt

You can see them in this pic. Female is in the far left in the back. Male is the one closest to the camera, the blue.

Also, was wondering what color this male is in the 2nd photo. He's paired with a normal green female, preparing to lay eggs, female is carrying.

Attachments

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
they will be green but not sure if youll have recessive pied unless the male is spli for it. but you will have som suprices
the 2 pic looks to be sky blue or cobalt opaline..his chicks should be green opaline and normal green:)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awww, thanks! Call me weird, but I was actually hoping for green budgie babies :) I LOVE the normal colors...they're my fav. Mutations are great, but normals, to me, are more natural.

Guess we'll see when they start to grow some feathers. :)

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
For the pied and blue pair all the chicks will be normals split for recessive pied unless your normal is split for reccesive pied then you could have some recessive pied chicks. They will all be green and dark green unless the pied is split for blue then you could have light greens, dark greens, skyblues or cobalts.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I assume these are old pictures because the sky blue **** looks too young for breeding

The others are right. All normal green unless the hen is split for blue or the **** is split for recessive pied. If the hen is split for blue you'd get half green and half blue. If the **** is split for recessive pied you'd get half recessive pieds

The male in your 2nd picture is an opaline sky blue. Paired to a normal green you should get opaline females and normal males. They will all be green unless the hen is split for blue. If she is split for blue you'd get half green & half blue

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh no, he's a mature proven male I got from a breeder. His eyes are round with the white ring. I took those pics today, lol. I'll try to get a better one of him tomorrow, he's an older fella, I assure you :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.