Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have tired to draw realistic pictures before, but they never came out good. these are my first attempts to drawing a realistic dog by using pencils with different hard/softness and an kneaded eraser.

before. i didn't get the first sketch right, so the nose is not as high as it should have been

after...

onto the next pittie! :) this one i took more progress pictures of

i am a lot happier with this one. the eyes still throw me off a bit, but that is how they were in the picture :eek:

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What wonderful art! I do draw a lot but I can't seem to do anything very realistically :giggle:
Those are great, look like he's going to just leap off the page!
i am very picky about which pictures i try to do. they have to have a lot of obvious shading and they have to be a short haired animal- thus pitties are the easiest for me (and i love them!!). i am thinking about trying a horse next... :)

this was the original of the second one. the light and dark spots are a bit off, but oh well :p i am thinking of trying new techniques with the next one

*this is not my picture, it belongs to the rightful owner**

for comparison....

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great talent. I am in awe. More please!
i was starting to draw a new one, but the sketch was off, so i am either going to try again or use a new picture

·
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015
6,841 Posts
I love your sketches Shelly! You're very talented :)

I used to love to draw many years ago. I was fairly good back then, but certainly not anymore lol. I haven't had the time or mental energy lately to do anything creative, but it's on the bucket list to pick up once again someday.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
go for it! though i do understand that sometimes there is just no time! when i am doing zentangle i usually go in another page are start drawing the birds or my rabbit. some of them come out good, but all of my good doodles are on scrap paper and i never intended to do them :D

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,238 Posts
Really really good!!! Your sketches look similar to some of mine.. :D animals' fur is very difficult to make, don't you think?

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it is! and watch videos of people doing it and they make it look really with just a few strokes :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.