Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all remember my hemiplegic budgie Joy turned out to be a boy and name change to Jo. Pixie is his friend and her feet is turning in slightly. I moved them in the meantime to a bigger cage and they are coping very good with a new DIY ladder and they enjoy the space.
Now my question? What mutation does Pixie have? She was white-grey with yellow face, but after first molt she changed to this grey, green, yellow colour?
Can anyone help please?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
A very interesting bird! You know that she is a YF. Can you see any cinnamon? And I think she is a spangle as well, but I'm guessing now.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Member of the Month March 2013
2,266 Posts
She sure is beautiful! :love:

Reactions: Owlet

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
I really don't know enough to give you an answer on
your beautiful bird, but I'm guessing she's a YF II
greywing opaline. I'm eager to hear what those who
really know about such things say about her :)

Reactions: Owlet

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A rare and beautiful bird. She's amazing.
Thank you!

I really don't know enough to give you an answer on
your beautiful bird, but I'm guessing she's a YF II
greywing opaline. I'm eager to hear what those who
really know about such things say about her :)
Skye
Thank you!
In my previous thread the answer was YF opaline dilute grey.
Mom is YF1 grey and dad opaline violet. Jo also in the pics is her brother in first clutch. So I will wait to see if one of the other TB friends, good with mutation, will give us an other explanation!

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Opaline greywing looks OK, that means that both parents must be split to Greywing.Hope one the experts can tell us exactly what's going for what!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

Dad looks like an Opaline Violet Cobalt and mom looks like a Yellowface type 1 Opaline Mauve. The yellow has diffused into her body it seems and if I remember correctly, Yellowface type 1 may cause diffusion of yellow like Yellowface type 2, but the amount is less.

Considering the mutations above, the chicks must be in the shades of Cobalt and Mauve. The chick in the question therefore has to be mauve, as the cobalt colour would be lighter.

Both parents are opaline and therefore all chicks must be opalines. Opaline does cause a dilution of body colour.

The chick inherited Yellowface from the mother and shows diffusion of yellow too...so it could be possible

The chick has grey coloured flight feathers. Now I am not sure if he is a Dilute or a Greywing because his colours are very much diluted. I am leaning more towards dilute now after looking at the other pictures.

Both mom and dad must be split for Dilute (or Greywing if the chick is a greywing)

So the chick is probably an Opaline Yellowface type 1 Dilute Mauve showing a lot of diffusion of yellow after the moult, which is why it might look greenish.

www.talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=89762 Mom and Dad
www.talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=92399
Rashdan, check out these two previous threads about the chick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.