Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are a few pictures, in natural daylight, of one of the 3 budgies I recently adopted from my local county animal shelter. I think he's an opaline dominant pied grey-green and possibly also greywing(?). I think the reason he hasn't developed iris rings yet is he's young. What do the experts say? Thanks! :)

Attachments

·
Lil' Birdy Girl
3,790 Posts
I would say Opaline, Greywing, Grey-green, Dominant pied. :) I'm not an expert, but I am learning, so this is good practice. :) The only thing I am unsure of is the grey-green. :) He is absolutely lovely. :)

·
Lil' Birdy Girl
3,790 Posts

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts

·
Lil' Birdy Girl
3,790 Posts
Oh! I didn't know that! :) I am REALLY new to this, so I'm not too experienced in mutations yet. :giggle: I have an opaline, but she isn't spangle so I didn't know about that. :)

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
His wing markings are grey-green with yellow edges. I don't think he's spangle.

His cheek patches are greyish-violet rather than dark violet.

I think he's opaline greywing grey-green dominant pied. Not sure whether he's 50% greywing or FBC greywing.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
By the look of the cheek patches I think he has cinnamon. Greywing and cinnamon together usually make the markings very light

Opaline cinnamon greywing dominant pied

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
I thought spangle at first as well I have 1 that is opaline and spangle - took me a year to figure he was also Opaline, another I have is also Spangle and opaline took me almost a year on him as well to tell he was also Spangle.

Also one is Grey- Green and his Cheek patches are a silvery grey

On your bird I do not see a normal thumb print on the back of the head indicating Pied. I notice the blotchy front.I don't think your bird is pied but i do believe it is spangle and it Opaline, grey green and i am not seeing Grey wing or cinnamon

here is my Grey Green Spangle Opaline

Notice his flights are White and not colored

when i first got him and he was still young

and just to compare here is another Opaline Spangle but he's Grey

Wing open

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.