Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday, I adopted this pretty little adult hen (she has well-defined iris rings) from the local county animal shelter. She had been picked up as a stray 12 days earlier.

Please confirm her mutation is opaline FBC greywing light green (her belly is solid green). (Pics taken outdoors in natural light -- shaded balcony.)

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Don't know Susan. I leave that to the experts. :eek: I just had to say how gorgeous she is. How did you come to have her?

·
5,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't know Susan. I leave that to the experts. :eek: I just had to say how gorgeous she is. How did you come to have her?
Thanks! I found her listed and pictured on my local county animal shelter's adoption webpage. They get budgies once in awhile.

·
Member of the Month July 2008
8,357 Posts
I have no idea about mutations. But she is a such a beautiful budgie. I just adopted a "stray" myself, and I cannot help but wonder why nobody is looking for these budgies..:S
Karma for you for adopting from a shelter:urock:

Sigrid

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Opaline full body greywing green
or possible a heavily marked opaline clearwing

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I tried to learn how to tell mutations but I gave up. It's very complicated for beginners like me. I'd just like to say your new addition is beautiful. I really love her colors, and I am going nuts for more photos. ;)

·
5,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Opaline full body greywing green
or possible a heavily marked opaline clearwing
As always, thank you, Nev, for your expert opinion.

And I thank everyone else for your guesses and compliments.

(hugs) all around. :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hellos SusanBudgies,

Seems like you received your answer...and what good news having such a great looking bird!....

...can't resist to ask 'if I could come steal her or one of her babies?"....

Especially since I too thinks she's a "clearwing"...

Wow, I really hope she gives you a great number of good babies...I just love the opaline spangles (& clearwings, still waiting to breed my first of the latter!)..!

Enjoy this new lady...!
Jacodk

Ps - don't forget to show us pictures of any babies when they arrive!

·
5,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hellos SusanBudgies,

Seems like you received your answer...and what good news having such a great looking bird!....

...can't resist to ask 'if I could come steal her or one of her babies?"....

Especially since I too thinks she's a "clearwing"...

Wow, I really hope she gives you a great number of good babies...I just love the opaline spangles (& clearwings, still waiting to breed my first of the latter!)..!

Enjoy this new lady...!
Jacodk

Ps - don't forget to show us pictures of any babies when they arrive!
lol Thank you, Jaco. With 21 budgies I don't really have any room for babies! But I sure wish I did. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.