Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Was wondering if you might be able to give me some idea on what variety Albi is. Thought Albi was an 'albino' or 'dark eyed clear' to begin with, but has an iris ring, then thought maybe a 'DF spangle', but Albi has pink feet, then thought maybe a cinnamon, but is pure white body, no collar, no noticable cheek patches. Has a pink/purple colour cere with white circles around her (assume its a hen as is best friends with my yellow faced grey normal ****) nostrils.
Contacted the breeder I got Albi from & the breeder doesnt keep lineage details, my local budgie club are not quite sure n guessing a bit......what do you think? ......any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep mizan_ali that is what I have thought all along, hense her name Albi (short for albino). the only confusing bit is the black eyes with iris rings & if it was an albino then my budgie would be a **** cause of its cere detail.......either or I'm not worried about its sex, more so about its variety.

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Yep mizan_ali that is what I have thought all along, hense her name Albi (short for albino). the only confusing bit is the black eyes with iris rings & if it was an albino then my budgie would be a **** cause of its cere detail.......either or I'm not worried about its sex, more so about its variety.
What colour are the eyes in natural light with natural light shining on them?

Albinos do get iris rings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What colour are the eyes in natural light with natural light shining on them?

Albinos do get iris rings.
All my birds are aivery birds n I have stared so hard at Albi's eyes quite a number of times hoping to see red, but they are definately black with white iris rings. Captain Howdy if Albinos get iris rings does this mean that I have an albino n its quite normal for them to have normal eyes?

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts

All my birds are aivery birds n I have stared so hard at Albi's eyes quite a number of times hoping to see red, but they are definately black with white iris rings. Captain Howdy if Albinos get iris rings does this mean that I have an albino n its quite normal for them to have normal eyes?
Albinos have red eyes with iris rings.

If you bird is pure white with black eyes and iris rings you have a double factor spangle blue series.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Some albinos have very dark red eyes and it is hard to see the red unless the lighting is right. Your bird looks like an albino male to me.

If he was a dark eyed clear he would not have an iris ring.

If he was a double factor spangle he would not have a pink cere

Albinos will develop iris rings unless they are masking recessive pied

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some albinos have very dark red eyes and it is hard to see the red unless the lighting is right. Your bird looks like an albino male to me.

If he was a dark eyed clear he would not have an iris ring.

If he was a double factor spangle he would not have a pink cere

Albinos will develop iris rings unless they are masking recessive pied
Hi nev90, thankyou so much for your help......masking recessive pied makes so much sense as to his difference in us being able to pick a straight variety. :D :D
Albino would definately be the dominant factor hey? I'd call him an Albino Ressessive Pied? Weve been advised not to mix certain varietys together, so Albi having a recessive pied would that mean the varieties to breed him with are more open?

I love the challenge of it n not having a straight variety budgie......learn lots :) :budgie:

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts

Hi nev90, thankyou so much for your help......masking recessive pied makes so much sense as to his difference in us being able to pick a straight variety. :D :D
Albino would definately be the dominant factor hey? I'd call him an Albino Ressessive Pied? Weve been advised not to mix certain varietys together, so Albi having a recessive pied would that mean the varieties to breed him with are more open?

I love the challenge of it n not having a straight variety budgie......learn lots :) :budgie:
If he has an iris ring he is not masking recessive pied

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.