Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bailey is an English budgie(male) and my other three Bella,(female) Snowie (female) and Sydnie (male) are American Budgies.
Bailey is Yellow and a goregous green, Bella his mate is a dark Turquoise Blue and white, grey wing. Sydnie is a beautiful dark slate blue and black and white and Snowie , his mate is a very very light blue grey wing . that is all I know about them... I would like to know if they are recessive or dominant or what they are called...my breeder told me and I have it mixed up so bad... lol... PLEASE HELP!!
here are their pictures

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok theres the four of them Bailey then Sydney and then Snowie and Bella ... thanks everyone Trellie

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Blue male: Cobalt normal
English: Light Green Spangle
Hen on left: Cobalt GreyWing
Hen on right: Skyblue GreyWing, if there's a white spot on back of her head then clearflight pied.

Wait for Nev, Tonic or Guthwulf to confirm though :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the skyblue greywind does have a white spot on the back of her head! how did you know that !!??
lolol
thanks !

trellie

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
1/ Normal cobalt male. He might have a grey factor

2/ Light green spangle male. Spangle is a dominant mutation so about half his chicks will be spangle if he is bred with most hens. Green is also dominant

3/ (left) Opaline greywing cobalt hen. Opaline is a sex-linked mutation so her chicks will not show opaline unless her mate has an opaline gene. Greywing is a recessive mutation so you need a greywing gene from her mate to get greywing chicks

3/ (right) Clearflight pied greywing sky blue. (or lightly marked dominant pied greywing) Her pied type is dominant so half her chicks would inherit the pied.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
thank you so much... If I were to breed the clearflight pied greywing to the
light green spangle what would the chicks most likely be?
or can that be determined?
thank you so much for helping me with this...
trellie

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
skyblue clearflight greywing to light green spangle...

you will get all light green chicks unless the male has a blue gene too, then you will get skyblues and light greens.
you will get spangles, clearflights, normals and some with both spangle and clearflight
you will not get any greywings unless the male has that gene, but all the chicks will have the greywing gene (be split for greywing).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.