Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A pair of my budgies laid eggs and now they have three kids. and now they are like 23 days (not sure). And I have a budgie(name: tweety) and he is bonded with another budgie (not the parents I mentioned). One day he did something strange. He fed the budgie chicks even though he is not a parent. And the parents noticed it and got jealous I guess and attacked tweety in the head. and he hurt his feet. After like 2 hours tweety also attacked back. please tell me what to do??

·
Administrator
57,347 Posts
The purpose of this forum is to promote BEST PRACTICES for the health and well-being of budgies.

You should never colony breed.
The parents and the nest box should have been in an individual breeding cage only IF you had done extensive research prior to allowing the budgies to breed.

Before breeding any species, it is important to learn as much about the animals, their personalities and the best practices to follow for responsible and ethical breeding prior to making the commitment to take on the responsibility.
This requires extensive research and an openness to continual learning.

How long have you owned budgies?

How many budgies total do you have?
What gender are they?
Are they related?
How old are they?
How large is the cage you have them in?
What are you feeding them?
Do you have an Avian Veterinarian for them?
What do you plan to do with the offspring from this clutch?

At this time, you need to move Tweety into a separate cage by himself. How badly is he injured?

You also need to move the female into a separate cage by herself as she may become aggressive toward the chicks or start another clutch.
Make sure there is NOTHING that can be used as a nest box in the cage.

The father and the three chicks only should be in a cage together at this point.
The father will finish raising the chicks until they are fully fledged.

If you have other budgies, you need to remove them from the birds listed above.

Cage sizes.

Essentials to a Great Cage

None of your budgies should be allowed to breed.
Once the chicks have are fledged, the female budgies should be kept on one cage and the male budgies in another.
Never put anything into any of the cages that can be used as a nesting site.

A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old

Tips For Discouraging Breeding

Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies

Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.

Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.

These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES

List of Stickies

Posting on the Forums

Let's Talk Budgies!

FAQ

Articles

Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense

Avian First Aid

Quarantine IS Necessary!

Resource Directory

·
Super Moderator
18,590 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forums~

You've gotten great advice and resources above from FaeryBee. Please be sure to read through all the links and other information provided to ensure you're up to date on the best of budgie care practices! If you have any questions after doing so, please be sure to ask as we'd love to help.

We hope to see you around, and please keep us posted on how things go!

Cheers 👋

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.