Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm new on the birds community and confused about trying to figure out if my green budgie is female or male? I found the blue one in my backyard a big bird was chasing him and I rescue him. Me and my kids don't want seeing him eating by other bird so I choose to keep him and decided to give him a company the green one. in petco they don't told me what sex was and Im so confuse because the green have blue, pink, purple, white cere, I think for what I search that the light blue is a boy But still dont know about the green. PLEASE someone can help me? Thank you so much...

·
Super Moderator
18,454 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forums!!

From the photo, it looks like you have two gorgeous boys! However, usually its better to see photos taken in natural light as the flash could distort the true colors of the cere. Do you have photos taken in natural light?

Meanwhile, it’s great to have you on the forums as you couldn’t have come to a better place to learn even more about the best of budgie care practices!

Please be sure to read through the forums’ many budgie articles and “stickies” as they’ll help you to stay updated on everything! If you have any questions after doing so, please be sure to ask as we’d love to help.

Cheers! 👋

·
Administrator
56,535 Posts
Hi, Welcome to Talk Budgies!

The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being

A Healthy Diet for your Budgie
Quality Seed Mix
CuttleBones, Mineral Blocks and Manu Clay Roses
Safe Foods for Budgies
The Truth about GRIT

I agree with StarlingWings -- having another picture, full frontal of the green budgie's cere taken in natural light with no flash or direct sunlight will be helpful to definitively determine gender.

I recommend you remove the wooden dowel perch in the cage and replace it with natural wooden perches of varying diameters to help prevent pressure sores.
Pressure Sores
The information in this link will give examples of better options for perches:
Essentials for a Great Cage

Additionally, I recommend you remove the mirror. Mirrors and not good for budgies as they can become obsessed with their image.
Some budgies become aggressive and territorial and some will regurgitate to the image to the point they become mal-nourished.

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.
These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES
List of Stickies
Posting on the Forums
Let's Talk Budgies!
FAQ
Articles
Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense
Avian First Aid
Quarantine IS Necessary!
A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies