Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
It would be good if we could get a better photo of the hen. They both look like recessive pieds. Which means all the babies would be green recessive pieds unless the hen is split to blue, then you would get half greens, half blues. But, again, a better photo of the hen would be good.

G

·
Hi Masterumer

The **** is a cobalt recessive pied. The hen is lightgreen dominant pied due to the iris rings of her eyes.

Cobalt recessive pied x Lightgreen dom pied = 50% dominant pieds + 50% normals (all offsprings would be split for recessive pied)

Colours will depend on the hen whether she is split for blue or not.

If hen is split for blue, then colours would be 25% darkgreen, 25% lightgreen, 25% cobalt, 25% skyblue.

If hen is NOT split for blue, then colours would be 50% darkgreen and 50% lightgreen.

Good luck to your breeding. :)

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Good catch. I couldn't see the iris rings on my phone. :) The hen doesn't have much green on her belly - she could be double factor dominant pied. Which would give you all dom pies babies. Can you post a pic of her back and front?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good catch. I couldn't see the iris rings on my phone. :) The hen doesn't have much green on her belly - she could be double factor dominant pied. Which would give you all dom pies babies. Can you post a pic of her back and front?
Sorry for late coming. I have taken photo of hen. Now it would be easy for you.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.