Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what colour my budgie is and what you look for in your budgies (colour, mutations, wing patterns etc)

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
This is a better photo ill put more up.

Here is another photo

An another hope these help and if so is it a special type or normal

This may seem odd but this is the mum of this bird. She is the creamino. The other two babies in this lot look like there dad one being a bit lighter. The white and blue male at the back was my spare male however is now my current male as the dad to this lot of babies died which I think was the spare males doing but it was an accident I assume because he was floating in the bird bath which I use as a water source for them and its first time I've had a bird die in there ( I notice that the spare male was picking on him a lot and wouldn't let him near box, the hen would however let the one that die in the box with her but not the spare male bit complicated lol)

This should be dad bird as its the one the hen let in the both. But I also have I'm guessing a yellow and green pied male which is paired with my other hen. The babies a but oddly coloured

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This should be dad bird as its the one the hen let in the both. But I also have I'm guessing a yellow and green pied male which is paired with my other hen. The babies a but oddly coloured
The yellow one

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
From what I can see, the chick looks like a mauve yellowface normal :) When colony breeding, you can never count on who the father is ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Another lady said that it was a yellow face type 1 grey here is some more photos I took

Another pic

Attachments

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Another lady said that it was a yellow face type 1 grey here is some more photos I took

Another pic
A grey would not usually have that body color and cheek patches. Look at his main tail feathers as well, a grey budgie would have a deep black tail, while a mauve would have a deep navy blue. I am sticking with your little one being a mauve yellowface normal as that is what all of his various colors point to :)

Also you can not really judge the type of yellowface before the first molt from the amount of yellow alone, as the yellow would not have spread even on a sf yellowface II as a chick with a normal chick. Since you are colony breeding and you have a variety of males in your aviary with yellowface mutations, I would wait to see how the chick molts before deciding the specific yellowface mutation personally as he could change a lot:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.