Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Stella. I think she is a sky blue opaline with 1 violet factor. Can someone verify that for me?

So if I'm right then if I breed Stella with a normal double factor violet male I will get....

Male chicks will carry opaline. (not showing it)
Normal sky blue single factor violet.
Normal double factor violet.
All we have a white base.
Is this correct assuming that neither has hidden genes?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Is the male a cobalt or a sky blue violet? You are right for the most part, she is a single factor violet opaline sky blue. She does not appear to be in breeding condition in those photos however.

If you pair her to a sky blue double factor violet you will get all single and double factor violet sky blues, if you pair her to a double factor violet cobalt, you will get single and double factor violets in sky blue and cobalt. All males split opaline, females no opaline at all.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for confirming things for me Dean. I'm not sure what shade of blue the male will be. I was planing on buying a normal DF violet male to breed Stella with when she comes into breeding condition.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I rarely see violets for sale around here, let alone double factors which are even rarer. Im lucky to have the few violets that i do have and hope to breed more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.