Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would greatly appreciate any opinions reguarding my new baby's gender and mutations. I believe -cautiously- that Cloudy is a male, sky blue, yellow face type 2, dominant pied, and with even less certainty- opaline and clear, or fullbody greywing.

I seek the wisdom of the resident experts :bowdown:
(or well informed amatuers.:))

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate anyone taking the time to give their opinion- any idea on gender?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I must have mistaken the spangle for grey/clearwing- thanks! I am hoping to eventually mate him to a mauve, yellowface type 2 to produce cobalt babies, maybe without yellow faces?

·
Born2Bfree, bred2Bcaptive
2,887 Posts
He does not look like YF 2 to me. More like YF 1.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
are YFT1 and YFT2 different genes or just different phenotype?

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I he is a greywing for sure. I dont see any spangle but he has grey throat spots and alot of grey in his wings. He looks exactly like my 2 greywings :) The greywing makes the wings look lighter like a spangle but he doesnt have the spangle pattern from what I can see anyway. He is very pretty :)

And yellow face type 1 stays mostly on the face, type 2 will blend onto the body alot too :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
so the yellow on his wings means type 2? and does that mean a fullbody greywing or could it be dilute cobalt? :S

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Male yellow face sky violet opaline dominant pied full body greywing (or clearwing).

The intensity of the body colour shows that he is not a normal greywing but as his wing markings are very dark for a clearwing he is probably a full body greywing. He is still quite young so the yellow may spread more if he is a yellow face type 2. Type 1 yellow face birds often have a small amount of yellow showing in the wings and tail so if it doesn’t spread any more than it has already he could be type 1. The two yellow face types are different mutations but often a double factor type 2 will look like a single factor type 1. He is not spangle

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And a fullbody greywing is a combo of greywing and clearwing right?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.