Talk Budgies Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
of course~ and yes I am aware of it. I'm extremely careful with videos and always check on the internet if what they're saying is right or not. I've seen so many I can almost directly tell what's bad. you don't have to worry ^^
gasp Cheeto :0 love it :LOL:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
it's ponchito's third day!
Vertebrate Bird Parrot Beak Metal

she's an outgoing one.. I wasn't expecting her to be so active that quickly o-o I thought she'd be shy and somewhat scared at first, I was prepared for that. but not the complete opposite,,! maybe it's because her previous owner tamed her. soo I am conflicted with how I should behave with her

she climbs around the cage bars like a little monkey (upside down and all) literally runs back and forth the bottom of the cage- sometimes chirp calls either when I leave the room, or at random moments. when I go up to her she instantly fluffs up and stretches and starts to go around her cage. she also does the back and forth thing on her perches. she has so much energy it's incredible to see! I haven't seen her play with the toys yet, she has touched them a few times but that's it~

yesterday I showed her a finger, and then put it away. and she bopped her head every direction to see it! I did the trick again and she was super curious and excited. so I poked a finger in, and she put one feet on it. soon after she fully climbed on! I kept poking in and out and everytime she climbed and tried to go further. she isn't afraid of hands at all (tho she's still careful since she doesn't know my hand yet)

when I reach in to change her water and food she goes on my hand and walks up my arm to fly out of her cage (that's what happened this morning and how I took this picture)

as I am writing this I can hear her make lots of tiny stepping noises around the cage,, I wonder what it means? and I wonder if I should keep that finger contact or wait some more because it's still her first days? but it feels like she's asking for it! she's such a weird one I can't wrap my head around her- and now she's having fun going around the cage bars and perches ^^;

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
How much training/taming did the former owner do, how old is Ponchito?
I'm not sure. I remember her telling me she used to let ponchito fly in the house, how she didn't bite and was very sweet. I thought she'd tell me more but no :( ponchito is 2 months old. I'd like to ask the owner more questions. we have her number so maybe I could message her

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
Ponchito is doing VERY well for her age! Some budgies are just much more active and playful than others.
Enjoy her energy!

Make sure you don't allow her to train YOU though.
If you respond to her every time she chirps or calls for you then she is going to learn to do that to get you to come to her.
Take a look at the information in this link:

Positive Reinforcement in Training.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Ponchito is doing VERY well for her age! Some budgies are just much more active and playful than others.
Enjoy her energy!

Make sure you don't allow her to train YOU though.
If you respond to her every time she chirps or calls for you then she is going to learn to do that to get you to come to her.
Take a look at the information in this link:

Positive Reinforcement in Training.
aw I'm happy to hear that T^T♡

hmm! I'm glad to have learned that soon enough because I tended to reply back to her chirping,, thank you so much!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
She’s adorable :) I’m so glad you’re interested in learning all you can about best practices! I think she’s going to have a great life with you 💙
wah that really warmed my heart thank you 😭 my goal is to give her an enjoyable life 💛 I already love taking care of her and learning each day about her,,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
ponchito's (now ponchi 👀) 4th day!
Bird Beak Pet supply Parrot Mesh

she's opening herself more and more~
this morning me and my sister were listening to a song and ponchi made a sound we never heard from her, it was a happy squeaking! we stopped the song and put it back on and she started doing it again it was so freaking cute! I think she enjoys music~ I'm excited to make her listen to other songs soon ^^

today I also went to get milet. I showed it to her and she looked a little spooked by it,, like what is this long thing- I hope she'll understand it's yummy food. and thus teach her to step up!

since I left for a few hours when I came back she was really excited and energetic so I decided to let her come out of her cage by herself if she wanted to. it took her long minutes because she was so excited and ran everywhere in the cage 😂 when she finally came out she flew to the window and didn't hurt herself thanks to my windows! they have an edge in the middle of them (old windows) so that's nice, but I still don't like her sitting there. I've heard different stories about birds and the outside view. some love it and some can get really scared by passing birds :(

ponchi went to the floor too! she looked relaxed and happy there :> walking around and picking up the seeds she threw on the ground throughout the day~ and me finding some next to me and pushing them towards her and watch her curiously approach them to eat 😊 then she flew to her window spot again so I went to offer a finger she can climb on, and she did ^^

we spent 15 minutes together bonding,, I talked sweetly to her, praising her for how good she was doing~ she really likes the sound of my voice and I think she finds comfort in it! she walked up my arm and groomed herself and puffed up many times. even made noises with her beak! I kept talking on and on and she was all fluffy and sleepy eyes, it was such a lovely sight ;;♡ I loved that moment with ponchi

by that point she had been out for around 30/40 minutes so I slowly brought her back to her cage and she didn't move an inch. once she was inside I sat there and continued talking calmly and she was doing the same as earlier being all lovely and stuff~
Bird Vertebrate Beak Fence Feather

I love herrrrr 💙

·
Registered
15 Posts
ponchito's (now ponchi 👀) 4th day!
View attachment 258452
she's opening herself more and more~
this morning me and my sister were listening to a song and ponchi made a sound we never heard from her, it was a happy squeaking! we stopped the song and put it back on and she started doing it again it was so freaking cute! I think she enjoys music~ I'm excited to make her listen to other songs soon ^^

today I also went to get milet. I showed it to her and she looked a little spooked by it,, like what is this long thing- I hope she'll understand it's yummy food. and thus teach her to step up!

since I left for a few hours when I came back she was really excited and energetic so I decided to let her come out of her cage by herself if she wanted to. it took her long minutes because she was so excited and ran everywhere in the cage 😂 when she finally came out she flew to the window and didn't hurt herself thanks to my windows! they have an edge in the middle of them (old windows) so that's nice, but I still don't like her sitting there. I've heard different stories about birds and the outside view. some love it and some can get really scared by passing birds :(

ponchi went to the floor too! she looked relaxed and happy there :> walking around and picking up the seeds she threw on the ground throughout the day~ and me finding some next to me and pushing them towards her and watch her curiously approach them to eat 😊 then she flew to her window spot again so I went to offer a finger she can climb on, and she did ^^

we spent 15 minutes together bonding,, I talked sweetly to her, praising her for how good she was doing~ she really likes the sound of my voice and I think she finds comfort in it! she walked up my arm and groomed herself and puffed up many times. even made noises with her beak! I kept talking on and on and she was all fluffy and sleepy eyes, it was such a lovely sight ;;♡ I loved that moment with ponchi

by that point she had been out for around 30/40 minutes so I slowly brought her back to her cage and she didn't move an inch. once she was inside I sat there and continued talking calmly and she was doing the same as earlier being all lovely and stuff~
View attachment 258455
I love herrrrr 💙
she is so cute

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
If you'd like, you can start an Ongoing Picture Thread for Ponchito in the Budgie Pictures section of the forum.
That way, you can share updated pictures of her as you take them and they will all be in one easy to find spot on the forum. 💙

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
Ponchi is ADORABLE!
I think you should start an "Ongoing Picture Thread" for Ponchi in the "Budgie Pictures section of the forum.
In that thread you can post updates on her progress as well as pictures of your darling girl.
By having an on-going picture thread, everything will be easily accessible in one place.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Ponchi is ADORABLE!
I think you should start an "Ongoing Picture Thread" for Ponchi in the "Budgie Pictures section of the forum.
In that thread you can post updates on her progress as well as pictures of your darling girl.
By having an on-going picture thread, everything will be easily accessible in one place.
ahh thanks so much!! that'll be less all over the place ^^ I should copy my previous posts and add them there all together right?

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
If you want everything you've posted (including the responses) put into one thread, I can merge them all into one and move it into the Budgie Pictures section and rename it for you.

Otherwise, you could simply start a new thread there and only upload all the pictures of Ponchi that you've posted so far.

Just let me know which you prefer!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
If you want everything you've posted (including the responses) put into one thread, I can merge them all into one and move it into the Budgie Pictures section and rename it for you.

Otherwise, you could simply start a new thread there and only upload all the pictures of Ponchi that you've posted so far.

Just let me know which you prefer!
wahh that's amazing! I find the first option to be perfect ^ thank you for doing this for me!

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
Give me a few minutes.
You'll see threads moving from one section to another until I get them all in one forum and then I'll merge them, change the title and move them over to the Budgie Pictures section. 😉

21 - 40 of 45 Posts