Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new baby budgie who has decided the food bowl is his new bed. After eating, he gets right in the middle, buries his feet into the seeds, fluffs up and goes to sleep.

I thought this was funny and cute at first until his sleep poop started to stick to his butt. When he is stands anywhere else like the bottom of the cage or on the actual main perch, the poop falls straight down in a nice round shape with a fairly healthy color. However when he sleeps in his food cup, it seems like the standing ledge is in just the right position to block the poop from falling naturally keeping it by his butt and when he wakes up he has a giant ball stuck to him that I go knock out with a q-tip. It's not a pasty mushed up mess like diarrhea, it's a loose wad of smaller well formed poops.

I'm worried because I know skin has bad reactions when exposed to poop for long terms. Any advice? I thought about taking out the food when I can't directly monitor him and leaving him with a millet spray but that doesn't sound like a healthy thing to do to a baby.
:budgie:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.