Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Member of the Month June 2015
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor Noah was at the vet today and has started a course of antibiotics. He has been regurgitating excessively and he doesn't even have any mirrors - he does see his reflection in his water dish but this is new behaviour of him going around all the bars of his cage and leaving a white crusted coat of regurgitated food. He definitely has not been vomiting though.

It turns out he has bacteria again for the third time so has started antibiotics but this time rather than just a positive or negative crop test he had a throat swab to identify what the bacteria actually is - the results will take a few days.

The vet feels that because the weather here is unusually unpredictable for this time if year his hormones are acting up. That along with other things - he needs more sleep :( his current bed time hours are from 8pm - 5.30 am - so that needs to be adjusted because he needs more sleep - I'm just worried about the length of his out of cage flying time now. He also needs to cut back on his fruit intake - so no more raspberry a day unfortunately :(

Poor little Noah I'm so gutted. He was such a good boy at the vet and didn't bite - and he even let me stroke his tiny head again when we got home! Although antibiotics twice a day for the next week will most likely break that trust again :(

My poor little Chicken under the weather for Christmas - I hope Santa is extra good to him tomorrow night.

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
Awww...sorry little Noah is ailing. I'm sure those anti b's will kick in quickly and he will be feeling better in no time. Good job getting him on track quickly Niamh...:)

·
Member of the Month November 2014
3,149 Posts
So sorry to hear that Noah isn't feeling well at the moment. We all here hope he feels better very soon. Give Noah a snuggle for me. And try using a thin pair of gloves to give him his medies. That way you don't lose that trust and bond. It's certainly worth a shot. Anyway, good luck, and Merry Christmas!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Poor little guy :( Kimchi is in the same boat-- sick over the holidays. In fact (and this breaks my heat) we are actually dropping him off to stay at the vet tomorrow morning. We are going out of town to see my family for the holidays, and with Kimchi having been ill (he just finished antibiotics this morning) I want him with a trained professional who will know if he is still sick, and can't put all that on our bird sitter, who is lovely but no bird expert by any means.

If it makes you feel better, I had the same concern about the antibiotics making Kimchi lose trust in me, and the vet said birdies aren't so good at holding a grudge. He also noted that the reason he restrains birds in a paper towel is so they focus their negative feelings on the towel, not on him. Kimchi has just finished 12 days of being toweled twice a day for his meds, and he seems just as sweet and loving as before-- and actually even more so, because he seems to be feeling more chipper and animated as he recovers.

Kimchi and I are sending loads of get-well wishes Noah's way!

·
Member of the Month April 2014
3,537 Posts
Aww much prayers to Noah for a speedy recovery so please get well soon, precious little gremlin:hug:

·
Super Moderator
19,682 Posts
Noah, darling,

I hope you feel much better soon, dear. It's no fun to be sick with no raspberries besides! Don't worry, your mum and dad are taking very good care of you and I'm sure you'll be back to your perfect self in no time!

Princess Mallorn sends hugs (imagine that!) and I do, as well ;)

Get well soon, sweet Noah, and Merry Christmas :hug:

·
Registered
37,335 Posts
Noah, please start to get better soon your Mummy and Daddy are very worried about you. You are so lucky your Mummy is very smart and knows all about sick birds.
Budget sends his love to you and said to tell you he is sending healing thoughts to you right now.
He knows how much you like your raspberries so you will be back to your lovable self soon we are sure.
Have a lovely Christmas Noah, and Niamh and Luke love from Budget , Blue , Fifo and Cathy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.