Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering what would the outcomes of the babies be between my Lemon and Buttercup.
Lemon is just a Dominant Pied Normal Green ****, and Buttercup is a Lutino Hen.

Thanks for the help! (ps- not planning on breeding these two for another 9 months or more.)

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
if they are not split to blue you'll get all green series Some dominant pied No inos unless Lemon ended up being split then they'd be male and female, If he's not split the boys will be split ino

if they're split to blue you'll get greens and blues Greens will be split to blue you'll still get dominant pieds as well in both blues and greens

but to get any blues both have to be split to it.
and of course you could get other mutations as well if they're split to it

Grey wing(both would have to be split to it)
Recessive pied - (both need to be split to it)
Cinnamons - if Lemon is split to it.

so you can expect surprises

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good! I am looking forwards to any "surprises" if they are split to anything! Of course even if all of the babies just turn out to look exactly like Lemon I won't mind that at all either. :p
So since the babies will end up being split to Ino, if I ended up keeping one or two and bred them with a different Ino, unrelated, they could have Ino babies correct?

Oh and thanks Shivani! :D

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Sounds good! I am looking forwards to any "surprises" if they are split to anything! Of course even if all of the babies just turn out to look exactly like Lemon I won't mind that at all either. :p
So since the babies will end up being split to Ino, if I ended up keeping one or two and bred them with a different Ino, unrelated, they could have Ino babies correct?

yes but it'll only be the males split not the females

and if you put one of the males from this pair to a Lutino hen you'll get both Male and female ino's

·
Registered
151 Posts

Yep the males will be split ino and if you were to breed them with an ino female they could have male & female inos

Craig

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Because it is a sex linked mutation So a female either is one or isn't They can't be split to any sex linked mutation.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I now realize this, I just totally forgot about it, hahahaha.
Maybe I should be more observant. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.