Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently gave my budgies a nest box in hopes they'll want to use it in the future.
I've got a loose idea of the mutations of my own budgies but I have no clue what their babies may look like. Can anyone help me out?

Note: Here are pictures of my birds from over a YEAR ago (Millie was very young in the pictures and I'm too lazy to get recently ones right this moment. I promise they are of breeding age!). She now has a very pronounced iris ring, but you'll get the idea.

Thanks! :):budgie:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Millie is a Violet Df Dominant Pied, and Harold is a Cobalt Yf2 Dominant Pied Opaline..so you'll probably get:
50% DF Dominant Pieds
25% Sf Dominant Pieds
25% Normals. I'm not sure though, you may get 50% Df Dominant Pieds and 50% Sf Dominant Pieds instead.
50% Yellowfaces, 50% Normals (whitefaces)
Half will be Violet and half will be Cobalt. All females will be Opaline.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Single factor violet cobalt double factor dominant pied hen to type 2 yellow face sky blue opaline dominant pied male

12.5% yellow face sky blue double factor dominant pied
12.5% yellow face sky blue double factor dominant pied with single factor violet
12.5% sky blue double factor dominant pied
12.5% sky blue double factor dominant pied with single factor violet
12.5% T2 yellow face cobalt single factor dominant pied
12.5% T2 yellow face cobalt single factor dominant pied with single factor violet
12.5% cobalt single factor dominant pied
12.5% cobalt single factor dominant pied with single factor violet

Any other mutations that appear will combine with these
If you get any normals it will prove that Millie is a combination of pied types instead of a double factor dominant pied.

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
you should have very nice chicks.
love the males colouring:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.