Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a breeding pair (Jade [****] and Opal [hen]) and was wondering what their future offspring may look like.

He is just a typical ?dark? green budgie, and she is a yellowface type two sky blue dilute.
From what I understand, this will result in green chicks, some with yellowface type two, and some with the dilute, is this correct?

Please let me know if you believe anything I've stated is false, and confirmation would also be greatly appreciated. Thank-you! Here's a couple of photos of them so you can see their colors for yourself.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi ...Looks like to me as the pic stands..I see normal green and yellow face type 2 possible dilute.If this is the case and no other splits then they will all be visual green split blue and dilute.Yellow face will not show on green.If the male is split blue you could get green and blue some of which will be YF.Still no dliute unless he is split for it as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
His mother was an albino, I believe that is a blue-based variety. Does this mean he is split for blue? (Sorry, I'm still learning budgie genetics, but I'll get the hang of it soon) :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
He is split blue and also split ino.so you will get all I mentioned above plus blues some being yf,...ino hens..some being yf ino's ...some being lutino.Can you post a pic of the hen as she look more like she may be a grey wing than dilute.Hard to tell.Nice mix :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank-you for all of your help. :) Here are a couple more pictures of the hen, her colors are very light, but I do suppose she could be a greywing. I've wanted a lutino for so long! That'd be absolutely amazing if I finally got one. It seems like I may have a nearly perfect couple...

Sorry if that's too many pictures. :p The albino hen is her mates mother.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Never to many pic's.Yea I though so.I would say yf type 2 grey wing and not dilute.So all will be split grey wing instead of dilute.Every thing stays the same except for the grey wing split.Still good mix.....:budgie:.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.