Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
<- - Have you met Blooby?
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is sort of out of curiousity, but I was wondering what type of mutations the chicks might be if Tetro and Elliot breed. In the future I would like to breed them, but that would probably be in a year or two from now. After I graduate college and get my own place.

Tetro is a Skyblue Double Factor Dominant Pied.
And Elliot is a possible YF2 Skyblue Spangle Clearflight Pied Opaline (order might be wrong, but you get the picture). Please tell me is I messed up her mutation.

Tetro

Elliot

·
<- - Have you met Blooby?
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the site.
I'm assuming they will probably have Dominant Pieds only because Tetro is DF.
I'm not good with genetics, even after taking College Bio.

·
&#9829;Budgies No.1 fan&#9829;
3,368 Posts
im preety sure they would have pied blues (DF and SF)
yf and yf2 pied blues
mabey normal blues
not sure if thed have spangle or opaline as not sure if both parents have to be opaline/spangle
but i think its what they are split for aswell:)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Tetro: Skyblue Double Factor Dominant Pied. (He looks like a recessive pied except for the iris ring)
Elliot: YF2 Skyblue Spangle – She is not clearflight and I can’t see opaline. Do you have a better picture?

25% sky blue dominant pied, 25% yellow face 2 sky blue dominant pied, 25% sky blue dominant pied spangle, 25% yellow face 2 sky blue dominant pied spangle

If Elliot is opaline the male chicks will be split for opaline but there wont be opaline chicks unless Tetro is split for opaline

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.