Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Possible Outcomes???

So I got the question from Mike, "What would their babies look like?" :rolleyes:

Any mutations/genetics experts care to give their predictions?

Julio is a yellow face type II single factor grey spangle

His dad (Lindsey's Jinx) is a sky blue grey wing single factor spangle

His mom (Lindsey's Teak) is a yellow face type II double factor grey spangle (she is beautiful, looks JUST like Julio but darker!)

Shrimp is a sky blue recessive pied (no idea about parents)

Any guesses? :D

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Going off of their visual mutations, you will expect:

Sky blues and sf greys in color, half with sf yellowface.
They will be normals and sf spangles.

Julio is split for greywing, and there is also a chance he is split for ino, opaline and cinnamon :) If he is you might get female inos, opalines and cinnamons. If shrimp is split for greywing you could also get greywings. I don't know of any recessive pied in his background, but you never know with recessive mutations so if he is you might get some of those too :giggle: Basically there could be a lot of things :laughing:

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I figured :giggle: They are so different! I'm not keeping my hopes up that they will ever breed because he still won't let her come within a foot of him (unless she is in sleepy mode and he will sneak over to talk to her :p ) But who knows, maybe some day down the road! :D

How is your flock doing? I can't believe I have already had him for 2 years!! :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.