Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
high so i finally think i have an idea of what mutations my bugs are

im pretty sure scrathcy is an opalin grey greywing hen

and i THINK itchy is a double factor dominant pied ****, with a mixture of a dark blue almost greyish colour mixed with a vibrant yellow so he may be yellow faced,

so assuming this is right, correct me if im not, what is the possible offspring i would get from this pair?

here are the best pics i could get at the mo soz

here is scratchy (his wings realy are a yellow they just appear really bright in these pics)

and here is itchy:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Havent i seen these birds on another thread somewhere? Probably should have asked for breeding outcomes on the same thread.

To me, scratchy does appear to be an opaline greywing grey hen. Itchy looks like a Yellowface type 2 SF dominant pied cobalt. He does have a lot more clear feather than most SF dominant pieds, but im not inclined to think Double factor just yet. Breeding will tell.

You can expect any combination of the following in the chicks:
50% yellow face
50% dominant pied if dad is SF, or 100% dominant pied if dad is double factor.
50% will be grey, 50% will be blue.
50% dark factor from dad.

All males will be split for opaline, and all chicks will be split for greywing.

Of course it IS possible that your hen may be SF greywing SF dilute (visual grewying), and your **** could possibly be split for dilute, grewying, clearwing, or any sex linked or recessive genes. I cant include that in breeding outcomes because we simply dont know without a breeding history of both birds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.