Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So....since I'm stalled in the breeding process, I though I might as well ask what everybody though might be best for pairing ideas. I will be getting another female before I begin....but, I'm just looking for suggestions on pairings and possible outcomes :D Anything can help.

Here is a lit of my current birds, their colorations/mutations (as I believe them to be, once I'm able to get some good pictures I might be informed otherwise :p )

Beau - Male
Yellow Based
Dark Green
Dominant Pied sf
Clearflight Pied

Vox - Male
White Based
Mauve
Opaline
Dominant Pied df
Clearflight Pied

Skittles - Male
Yellow Face II
No dark factor
Split to ino
Opaline
Dominant Pied sf
Clearflight Pied

Lux - Female
Yellow Face II
No dark factor
Cinnamon

Snow White -Female
White Based
Cobalt
Violet
Cinnamon
Recessive Pied

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would advise to pair:

Skittles with Lux
You may get Female Ino's (lutino or albino), dominant pieds, Clearflight Pied, most of them with opaline pattern, and If you are luck you may get a lacewing (lol)
Are Lux and Skittles white based or yellow base?, as this will effect the color of the babies.

Second pair would be:
Vox with Snow White
You will get dominant pieds SF, possible color is violate as both of them are white based.

I am not an expert, just a simple try to test my information, so dont take my words for granted.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Sorry I don't know mainly anything about Breeding and Pairing.
Can't wait to see the little ones later though!

J

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
with skittles, vox and beau, do you really mean that they are all dominant pied and also clearflight pied?
I'm almost 100% on Beau and and Vox both being Dominant and Clearflight. The only one I'm not so sure about is Skittles...He has such a wide array of markings that it is difficult to pick one out from the next...and his coloring is very bizarre (to me anyway). I know it'll help when I get the pictures, because the quality I can get right now won't show the details of his feathers...which aren't all white. Instead they have a creamy yellow tinge to them.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would advise to pair:

Skittles with Lux
You may get Female Ino's (lutino or albino), dominant pieds, Clearflight Pied, most of them with opaline pattern, and If you are luck you may get a lacewing (lol)
Are Lux and Skittles white based or yellow base?, as this will effect the color of the babies.

Second pair would be:
Vox with Snow White
You will get dominant pieds SF, possible color is violate as both of them are white based.

I am not an expert, just a simple try to test my information, so dont take my words for granted.
I wondered if maybe I'd get a lacewing...but I'm not keeping that to high in my hopes! I really am hoping for some female inos though...They just said he was split to ino, not which type of ino (the people I bought him from), and he (Skittles) also has the cutest white cheek patches. He's so bizzare looking! So if I pair Lux with Skittles though, I'll be unlikely to get cinnamon in the mix? I really like the cinnamons...but I really need some inos in my stock. So, it's all good either way. And Snowy appears to be a Cinnamon as well...I don't know if I put that down or not.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I wondered if maybe I'd get a lacewing...but I'm not keeping that to high in my hopes! I really am hoping for some female inos though...They just said he was split to ino, not which type of ino (the people I bought him from), and he (Skittles) also has the cutest white cheek patches. He's so bizzare looking! So if I pair Lux with Skittles though, I'll be unlikely to get cinnamon in the mix? I really like the cinnamons...but I really need some inos in my stock. So, it's all good either way. And Snowy appears to be a Cinnamon as well...I don't know if I put that down or not.
with regards to Cinnamon, as both of your hens are cinnamon, all male babies will be split for cinnamon.

then these males when they are old enough to breed them, they will produce cinnamon budgies

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
with regards to Cinnamon, as both of your hens are cinnamon, all male babies will be split for cinnamon.

then these males when they are old enough to breed them, they will produce cinnamon budgies
Fabulous. Thanks for being such a help :) I understand the basic genetics but it is always a pleasure to have someone go over it with me!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.