Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
465 Posts
Unrelated to what this poor bird is suffering from with regards to the diarrhea and swollen vent, and ignoring the fact that your father has zero empathy, I think your budgie also has lesions on it's foot (from the first picture). Do you use dowel perches? I've never seen a budgie's foot look so bad before.

· Registered
465 Posts
I feel like you did everything right and had Kiwi's best interests at heart, but your country - like mine - lack professional avian vets. I've had them prescribe me bogus medication before, and I've seen other birds slowly dying and the owners say the same as you "the vet gave me medicine and it made them worse". I wish these horrible vets would have the decency to say when they're out of their depth and don't know how to help instead of prescribing stuff that makes our birds worse.

All the best for Kiwi, I hope they make a full recovery.

· Registered
465 Posts
Can you share a picture of her whole cage setup? Please share these pictures with the online vet as they may be able to tell what it is. Whatever it is, it looks extremely sore and painful for poor Kiwi. I've never seen such a large patch of feathers bare before, when my Wasabi had diarrhea and a bacterial infection, she only removed the feathers directly surrounding her vent, not all the way to the base of her tail and up her stomach.

In India, you might have some luck going to a bird pharmacy, there will be a few for pigeons mainly. The workers there might be able to know what's wrong if you show them the pictures. But again, they might just prescribe you stuff that isn't going to help. Always google the medication before administering it to the bird if it comes from an untrained source (the online vets you can trust, but local vets and pigeon shop workers you cannot).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.