Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To find out more about how we came to have a few new additions to the family see; A Visit to the Wildlife Hospital

Anyway, I just wanted to double-check that our new little female budgie is a lutino?

She is all yellow with ruby red eyes :loveeyes:

It is hard to photograph her eyes showing as red so I have tried my best.

Shes a beaut isn't she :D

and just because I love this photo :eek:

·
Registered
16,696 Posts
Oh my goodness Vicky! What a regal looking budgie! She is gorgeous!! :love: I'd say she is a lutino, and a beautiful one at that! I hope she likes being Oddball's and Ollie's girlfriend when she is done her quarantine. :D

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Oooo Vicky Tallulah is in love ;)

I still haven't quite decided on Lulah's mutation and I don't think I will ever know unless I breed him (which is not my plan). In those photos your new girl looks like a Lutino to me though!

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh my goodness Vicky! What a regal looking budgie! She is gorgeous!! :love: I'd say she is a lutino, and a beautiful one at that! I hope she likes being Oddball's and Ollie's girlfriend when she is done her quarantine. :D
Thanks Kim! I feel sorry for those who lost her and did not claim her ! She is such a little beauty and I think she knows it ;)

I can't wait to see how the boys react :giggle: Hopefully they play nice and we wont have any problems. I am trying to get her tamed up, she isn't scared of us which is a huge plus. She lands on my arm/hand but then quickly jumps off again. I dont think it will take long ;)

She is gorgeous! I adore Lutinos. I may be a little biased though :p
Thanks. :D

awe vicky she is adorable i just love her to bits :D oh oddball dont panic i still love you more lol
:giggle: Thank you Jane :)

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oooo Vicky Tallulah is in love ;)

I still haven't quite decided on Lulah's mutation and I don't think I will ever know unless I breed him (which is not my plan). In those photos your new girl looks like a Lutino to me though!
Thank you Beth ! As soon as I saw her I thought of you and Tallulah !! :p
I always admired little Tallulah :loveeyes:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Oh my gosh! So cute!!!

I love yellow budgies :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh my gosh! So cute!!!

I love yellow budgies :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
Thank you :)

That's one lovely looking lutino!
Thanks Dries!

She is beautiful Vicky! :love: I agree she is a lutini :)
Thanks Lindsey, would you say she is an 'English' Budgie? Her head is quite large... maybe she is half and half?

She's BEAUTIFUL, Vicky!!

I think Sparky has fallen deeply in love with her already.... :giggle:
:giggle: I think she'd love Sparky too! ;)

She is just as beautiful as my lutino female
they are very cute and so much more special!!!;)
Thank you :)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
She is gorgeous! I love that she doesn't have any fear of you, just a little bout of the nerves. She will be a special addition to your flock.

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
She is gorgeous! I love that she doesn't have any fear of you, just a little bout of the nerves. She will be a special addition to your flock.
Thank you. I am hoping she wont take much 'taming' :D She has not shown any signs of biting and sometimes flies onto my arm but I think its by mistake :laughing:

Aw Thanks Vicky!!! What are you going to name your new yellow lady?
I have no idea !! :rolleyes: So far it could be Amber... But I look at her and I can't see her being an Amber... :rolleyes:

I want her to have a pretty/girly name but not too long :giggle:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Name ideas! :)

Citrine/Citrina (yellow gem)
Elektra (from the greek for amber)
Heliodora ("sun gift" )
Peninnah (hebrew meaning "gem" )
Jacinth / Topaz (golden gems)
Aurelia, Chrysantha, Flavia, Oriana all mean "golden"

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you all.

What do you think... Does she look like an 'English' type to you? Her head is quite large :giggle: Maybe a bit of a mix?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.