Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently visited an avian vet for my budgie's respiratory problem. Apart from medications, vet also said I should keep my bird's cere moist. I wasn't quick enough to ask "how to" then and am unable to contact with them until next week. Had a very effective nasal lubricant and used it 3 times on my bird and so far there are no unwanted side effects. But this makes me feel uneasy. I want to know whether this oil-based product can be used safely on my bird. These are the ingredients: D-panthenol, vitamin A. Expicients: vaseline pure, paraffin oil, BHA.

Do you also have any kind of advice to keep the cere moist? Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would not use the product unless it was ok'd by the vet. Did the vet mean the outside of the cere or was the vet referring to the inner nasal passages being kept moist?
He did not specify that.
I would think that a warm mist humidifier would be a lot safer than any sort of product.
I was told to pour the medicines into nebulizer and let the bird breathe the mist but what he later told about the cere was of a different subject. I understood as though I need to apply something on the cere (or maybe just moisturize with water) so it would stay wet but I might be wrong. Perhaps your idea is close to what he was talking about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.