Registered
Picogram, 8m old male
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vertebrate Pet supply Wood Mesh Fence

Bird Beak Pet supply Feather Parrot

Beak Parrot Felidae Pet supply Bird supply

Hi,
I've noticed that lately Pico is very puffed up a lot of the time, and I'm a bit concerned.
He only puffs up in the cage but not when he's outside, he eats well, is active and chirps a lot. He's going through a very slow molth it feels like he's been molting for 2 months tbh. He lost his feather tails 3 or 4 weeks ago and hasn't grown them back yet.
I think I hear a soft wheezing from him now and then but he's been making new sounds so I'm not sure. It's not very often and I don't see him having any trouble breathing, his poop is normal, he flies and runs around the floor fine...
Do I need to take him to the vet? Is puffing out by itself enough to be concerned? Do molts take this long? (I feed him boiled egg once a week, is that too little?)

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
59,437 Posts
Molts can last quite a while. I'd increase the egg to twice a week for now.
If he is eating, drinking, is active and otherwise normal, then I wouldn't be overly concerned.
However, if you see other symptoms of illness then I'd take him in for a check-up

·
Registered
Picogram, 8m old male
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Molts can last quite a while. I'd increase the egg to twice a week for now.
If he is eating, drinking, is active and otherwise normal, then I wouldn't be overly concerned.
However, if you see other symptoms of illness then I'd take him in for a check-up
Tyvm!
I'm constantly shifting between thinking I worry too much and thinking I worry too little, it's a dangerous mental gymnastics game.
I was bedridden for a month and unable to pay attention to Pico so now I'm over concerned that something was wrong and I didn't pick it up on time. But I'll do as you said with the egg and keep an eye on him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.