Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I realize there's punnet suares as a sticky, but can someone show us with punnet squares how to add in the mutations etc. and other colors they are carrying? This way we will have an idea on how to figure it out? Well I would like to know anyways!

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you remember in genetics class where they would put the genes of the father and mother on squares to determine eye color or whatever of possible children? That can be done with bird as well to determine feather color, mutations, etc. I don't remember exactly how it was done and was hoping for help. I understand the simple one on the stickies, but was hoping for something a little more complex.

If your still confused look in the stickies under easy way to understand genetics or similar I believe. :)

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
Do you remember in genetics class where they would put the genes of the father and mother on squares to determine eye color or whatever of possible children? That can be done with bird as well to determine feather color, mutations, etc. I don't remember exactly how it was done and was hoping for help. I understand the simple one on the stickies, but was hoping for something a little more complex.

If your still confused look in the stickies under easy way to understand genetics or similar I believe. :)
OH!
okay , i didnt pay much attention in that class. I had budgie mutations on the brain :rolleyes: my teacher saw i wasnt paying attention and picked up my paper i was writing on and i had like
GF opaline Rec.pied hen x Yf1 cobolt male
Male split for paline
Etc.
Shes was very confused , i wonder why ?

·
Registered
10,220 Posts
Lol Stacey! Budgie mutations have actually made me really interested in genetics. We're looking at them again after Christmas at school, and I'm really looking forward to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.