Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
my eyes are not so good with smaller pictures, are these pictures taken with a flash? near the top of her wings the blue looks different doesnt it. she is very beautiful sorry i cant help any more than that :)

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my eyes are not so good with smaller pictures, are these pictures taken with a flash? near the top of her wings the blue looks different doesnt it. she is very beautiful sorry i cant help any more than that :)
Honestly, I don't remember if the flash was on. I'd guess yes because her rump looks aqua in these pics but in person, her rump is the same color as the space between her wings. If I take a pic without flash she looks white and/or grey most of the time. It's really super hard to get a pic that represents her color truly. These are the closest I've come.

·
Registered
936 Posts
i know what you mean about being hard to get their true colour to come out in the pictures, i spent months trying to capture the colour of my male Aztec, so i could prove to my self that he wasnt just grey. i hope someone comes along to help you out soon!!

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
She is very beautiful but I can't see violet in the pictures. She is opaline cinnamon sky blue, the slightly purple hue around the neck is quite common and it is not always a sign of violet. Cinnamon dilutes the body colour which makes violet harder to detect. Also often violet doesn't show up in photos.

I wouldn't say that she not violet, I just can't see it

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She is very beautiful but I can't see violet in the pictures. She is opaline cinnamon sky blue, the slightly purple hue around the neck is quite common and it is not always a sign of violet. Cinnamon dilutes the body colour which makes violet harder to detect. Also often violet doesn't show up in photos.

I wouldn't say that she not violet, I just can't see it
Thanks, Nev. You told me before that she was greywing. http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=59184

Someone told me once you could distinguish greywing from cinnamon by the color of the feet. Hers are pink.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Thanks, Nev. You told me before that she was greywing.
Whoops!!! Sorry. I had another look and I think I was right the first time with greywing. Both mutations dilute the body colour.

Cinnamons do usually have pink feet so it is possible that she is a very pale cinnamon

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I swear my birds have the most difficult mutations. Well, 5 of my 8 do. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.