Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago some of my adopted budgies finally hatched their clutch. To avoid overcrowding and help hand taming the babies, the three of them were taken to my temporary apartment while my family took care of the adults. Now, as our COVID quarantine restrictions have been lifted, all of the budgies are under the same roof. I have been keeping track of all family members since the babies hatched and no one has had signs of disease. With our quarantine, none of the birds have been exposed to any other birds.

Currently, the babies are in a completely different room than the adults. I was wondering, however, if they could be reintroduced to each other sooner than 4-6 weeks. I understand how important quarantine is, especially these days, but I will be moving with all the birds to a new house within the next two weeks. I'm curious if anyone has experienced this before, reintroducing family members after a few months, and how this was handled.

I acknowledge that it's always better safe than sorry, but if anyone could recommend expediting the process, that'd be amazing.

·
Administrator
55,321 Posts
Since the birds are all related and you know they have not been exposed to other birds nor have they been ill.
You can re-introduce them together now.
I'd still recommend you do so in a neutral territory since they've been apart for some time.
You don't want the any of them becoming aggressive with others.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the advise. I will keep this in mind and slowly begin to introduce them to each other.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.