Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a male baby from earlier this year (Monty), who was a yellowface grey, but is now after his first molt, grey-green (more green)
this was him before the molt (I don't have a picture afterwards) but will he go back to grey or stay grey/green?

His dad is Paulie

And his Mum was Stitch (R.I.P)

Also if I bred him with Candy, (next year when they are mature) what mutation/colour babies will I get?

This is when candy was younger, she still looks the same, just has a definately brown cere now.
Candys parents are Violet ( a violet hen) and Napeoleon ( a yellow RP male)

http:\\www.cmtwebdesign.co.uk/images/budgies/bsiggy.jpg

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Monty looks like a normal, grey, yellow face. The yellow face may have made his grey look grey green. But it would be nice to see a photo of him now.

Candy Looks like a blue, violet, recessive pied, yellow face.

If they where bred together you would get...
100% normals
100% blues
Some chicks with will have single factor violet and single factor grey.
100% should also be yellow face
No recessive pied chicks unless Monty is split for recessive pied he may be because his mother was a recessive pied.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Stitch was a dominant pied so unless Monty has inherited recessive pied from an earlier generation mating him to Candy won't produce any recessive pied chicks

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Oh, what does dominant pied mean? :-S
There are three separate pied mutations, two are dominant and one is recessive.

If a mutation is dominant generally if it is not visible it is not present (there are exceptions)

If a mutation is recessive and it is not visible it could still be carried in the genes and show up among the chicks

Your Monty doesn't have any visible pied mutations. He hasn't inherited dominant pied from his mother because if he had it would be visible

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.