Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Budgie Nut
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ollie has been moulting for the past couple of weeks and i've noticed he's getting darker yellow patches all over him. Can anyone tell me if he will go this darker yellow all over, or will he be patchy? His cheek feathers have gone BRILLIANT yellow - just GORGEOUS! Hope these pictures show it up ok. :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I'm no good with genetics, but it looks like Ollie has a yellow face. Emmett had black stripes all over his face but after his moult his face turned all yellow.

Before

Now

So I think Ollie's face will turn bright yellow too.

Is Ollie a Recessive pied? I don't know how their mutations work though, but in Emmett's case, the yellow spread throughout his body after his moult, so he's slightly green now (blue mixed with yellow)...so Ollie might have slightly yellow patches if he's a recessive pied, as pied variations have patches I think.

That's all I can say, but I am not even 60% sure. :p

He's growing up fast. What a cutie ;)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
With most budgies the colors will brighten up after the first molt. Yellow face birds usually have the biggest changes. The white areas on your bird will probably all end up light yellow but the face will be the brightest

·
Budgie Nut
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW Emmett looks like a different budgie! (still adorable, of course!). I don't mind what colour Ollie turns out to be, i'm just curious if anyone could tell me. Yes, he is a recessive pied and yes, growing up TOO FAST!!

·
Budgie Nut
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With most budgies the colors will brighten up after the first molt. Yellow face birds usually have the biggest changes. The white areas on your bird will probably all end up light yellow but the face will be the brightest
Thankyou! That sounds good to me! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.