Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious as to know the exact color mutation of my bird Lou. I'd like to find it out, so I could possibly get another of the same color mutation.

I usually don't buy birds from a pet store, but I just stopped by and saw that he just arrived that same day and was also extremely more appealing than any of the other birds. So I had to pick him up for a measly $20, which is one of the best $20 I've ever spent. He recently out of the blue got sick one day and then passed away the day after which really saddened me. Poor little fella was so pretty and had such a great personality. He was about 4 years old and developed a very slight bump(no where as near as big as some I've seen on the internet) before the vent like on his belly between his legs. He had the bump for about a year before he passed away. I'm thinking it could have been just a congenital defect or possible disease from the pet store. It wasn't his diet or anything else of that nature, because my last budgie lived to be 15 years old and I did the same for Lou.

Which brings me to my main question, I'd like to know what kind of color/mutation he is classified under because I'd like to get another that has the exact same color/mutation. I attached a pic of him when he was kinda wet from a bath.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is two more pictures of him. First one is when he was a lot younger.

And another slightly from the side to see his wings. He's piloting my 400whp 400wtq Evo IX.:D Don't worry, I never got on it with him in the car as I'm sure it would freak him out and he'd have a hard time clinging on to something.

He's got a thing for speed!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Looks to be a light green clearwing. He might be opaline too but it's kinda hard to tell from the photos. Do you have a clear photo of his back? That would help me figure out if he is opaline or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is a few pics of his wings that I could find to help clarify.
The lighting is kinda off, but what do you expect from a cell phone camera because his colors are a lot brighter than in the pictures...:rolleyes:

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
He is indeed a handsome fellow, waiting for you at The Bridge.
I'm sorry he's gone, but I do hope you can find another little
fellow who needs a loving friend. Once you've loved a budgie,
home just isn't the same without one :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.