Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Accidentally in love.
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! :wave:
So, my budgie Runt has moulted a few times now. With each moult, she has gotten more and more purpleish blue feathers on her head. Her head used to be pure white (with the head stripes obviously). What does this change in color mean? Is it part of the Spangle mutation or is it Opaline or something else? I'm a bit confused. Hopefully you can see what I'm talking about in these pictures. Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Yes I think it is a spangle thing, or maybe just a budgie thing :p Julio has almost the exact same markings, except his grey/blue is harder to see because of his yellow. Runt is so gorgeous!!

This was him at 2 months (what a little cutie!! I love looking at old pictures :D )

And this is him recently

·
Registered
106 Posts
I really don't know why it's happening but regardless Runt is beautiful, I love her!

·
Accidentally in love.
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I think it is a spangle thing, or maybe just a budgie thing :p Julio has almost the exact same markings, except his grey/blue is harder to see because of his yellow. Runt is so gorgeous!!

This was him at 2 months (what a little cutie!! I love looking at old pictures :D )

And this is him recently

Thanks, Jill. :) Julio is too cute!

I really don't know why it's happening but regardless Runt is beautiful, I love her!
Thanks. :)

G

·
i noticed this with my Rhea, she was all yellow on her head, with full, dark baby bars..

she is going through her first molt currently and as her new feathers on her head have grown in and the baby bars have now disappeared... i have noticed green colour on her head feathers!

·
Accidentally in love.
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i noticed this with my Rhea, she was all yellow on her head, with full, dark baby bars..

she is going through her first molt currently and as her new feathers on her head have grown in and the baby bars have now disappeared... i have noticed green colour on her head feathers!
Oh, wow! It's amazing how much they can change. :)

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
This budgie napping route is becoming confusing. Runt is a beauty :).

·
Accidentally in love.
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Amigo is the same. :)
I think Casper is too but it's harder to see because his grey colour just makes his head bars look fat. :XD: :giggle:
Hehe. :giggle: Thanks for commenting. :)

Some of my birds changed so much I can hardly recognise them.
Runt is a beauty!!
Thanks, Dries! It really is amazing how much budgies can change with each moult.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.