Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all :)

When I was breeding pet type budgies I bred some dark eyed clears, which are the only not english ones I kept for breeding when I sold my breeding pairs, since they are quite the pain to breed from scratch :giggle:

I have been looking everywhere in my area and cant come across any clearflight pied english budgies. I have recessive pieds and domanant pieds, but without a clearflight I cant very well breed DECs again.

So... my question is if I breed one of my standard DECs to an english recessive pied, how many generations does it usually take breeding to get back to the size and markings of a pure english before you mixed in the smaller traits if anyone has an idea?

I have only mixed the two once and honestly did not care for the outcomes in personality or looks, but I really want some english DECs and I cant think of any other way to get them :S But I dont want a bunch of small mixes flying around forever.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks everyone in advance :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Most of the chicks from pet types mated to show types are somewhere between the sizes of the parents but occasionally you'll get an extra large chick. You'd probably get some acceptable sized chicks in 3 or 4 generations but it would probably take a lot longer to produce a top prize winner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.