Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone who's good on mutations can tell me what Bumble is. I just had him down as a light green opaline, but since he's had his first moult there is a distinct area of yellow around the base of his tail. You can see it a bit in this pic -

Would that mean he is a different mutation, maybe a pied or is he just a regular green opaline?

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot the greywing bit! When he was a baby I wasn't sure whether it was grey or cinnamon but the moult has made that clear. So the yellow on the body above is tail doesn't mean anything mutation-wise then?

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I forgot the greywing bit! When he was a baby I wasn't sure whether it was grey or cinnamon but the moult has made that clear. So the yellow on the body above is tail doesn't mean anything mutation-wise then?
It could mean that she is masking type 2 yellow face or it could mean nothing

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, thanks for that. It was just something I was wondering. I saw his parents a couple of times, his dad is a normal green, I can't think exactly what his mum looked like but she was a seafoam green colour. I might email the breeder and ask her to email me pics, was thinking of it anyway, before this question came up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.