Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of Sam's tail feathers that has fallen out normally. Shaft looks nice and healthy and I was admiring the pretty yellow and how it blended into the black at the end. But then I flipped it over and was a bit surprised to find that on the other side.. where the black would be, it is a very pretty dark blue. Sam is a dominant pied green series and the only blue he has on him are the little patches below his cheeks. What does this mean? Is this usual or does this mean he has some sort of split in him? Is it possible that the change in color is based on one side being exposed to sunlight more than the other? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Can we see a picture of Sam? Maybe if our experts here see him they could tell you for sure. If you need any help posting pictures just let us know. :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a couple. Don't have any good ones of his tail though. But I checked him out good today, and from what I can tell, that was the only tail feather like that. It was just weird! lol The blue on his feather is darker than the blue on his face.

This pic was taken right after we got him, you can just barely see the blue in his tail feather.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try to get a pic of the feather tomorrow.. but it basically starts out yellow at the shaft.. and one one side melts into black but on the other.. in place of the black is this deep blue.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Ooo he's gorgeous. I can see the blue on his tail. The blue sort of looks like it was splashed on him. :) This is a good one for the budgie mutation experts to figure out.

·
Registered
735 Posts
To me it looks normal for the green series budgie? c: Their main tail feather is a deep, dark and vivid blue.

http://www.***************/v_yellowbase1.jpg

But I am no budgie color expert. XD

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahhhhh! Good to know! lol Must be my last Budgie wasn't normal. :) He had no blue in his tail. Thank you for the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.