Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In several pictures of other peoples budgies I've noticed that the their feet are kind of gray, or purply/gray.

From what I understand Jazz is a Sky Blue Graywing.. yes?

View of his back...

Okay, so here is the total newbie question.... What is it that makes his feet pink? .....well not pink PINK but flesh pink...

I find it frustrating how the camera makes his soft baby blue seem more 'teal' in colour.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've no idea but both my dark-eyed clears have fleshy pink feet just like Jazz's, as does my other budgie who has very similar in markings to Jazz only his wings are brown. (Cinnamon?)

I noticed a lot of budgies have blueish grayish feet, which surprised me.

·
Member of the Month
7,575 Posts
I'm sure his feet colour is ok:) Finnigan's feet look like that too, nothing to worry about.

I hate trying to catch budgies true colours, really annoying!

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
his feet are normal for his mutation. The colours of the feet is usually variable :)
Recessive pieds and dark eyed clears usually have really pink and fleshy feet which you can easily point out from normal feet :)
Jazz is a beauty!!! i want him :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:) Brandon, I'm not worried about the colour of his feet... just curious as to why some budgies have gray/blueish/purplish feet and some have 'pink' feet.

Bethany, me too, and that's why I asked :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Zeena :) :) (nuh-uh, he's mine :p )

So feet colour are a mutation trait ... I'm still having a hard time wrapping my little brain around all the what makes what and why's for the mutations LOL Learning about koi mutations/genetics was like a walk in the park compared to my learning about budgies!

·
Member of the Month
7,575 Posts
:) Brandon, I'm not worried about the colour of his feet... just curious as to why some budgies have gray/blueish/purplish feet and some have 'pink' feet.

Bethany, me too, and that's why I asked :)
Oh, sorry! I misread:eek:

Ok, like the others said, the colour of the feet most of the time depends on mutation:)

Sorry for misreading:eek:

·
Registered
10,952 Posts
I think it'd mutation too.. I mean my kara has purpleish feet and kiki has the cutest little pink feet :) i'm not sure why.... But aren't pink feet just super adorable and just adds to the cuteness of the budgie? :p

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Both my budgies have pink feet; I was really surprised when I saw pictures of budgies with gray scaly feet. I thought maybe it happened when they got older, like maybe only babies would have pink feet, but I guess it must be permanent. I'm glad. I love my budgies' little pink feet. :D

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
If the two of you continue to fight over Jazz, then he will just have to come live with me.;)

(By the way, that would be an example of negative reinforcement... encouraging you to stop fighting over Jazz by threatening to take him away). Now, send him to me, and let's see if you can play better together tomorrow! ;) :laughing:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We weren't fighting :)slap:) rIghT Zeena...? honest Robin cross :fingerx: my heart and hope to die :evil: we weren't ... :XD:

Yup, agreed pink feet are the cUtEiSt!!!!!!!!!!!!

No worries Brandon ;) ... hugzzzzzzz

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
He is a greywing sky blue as you thought. The colour of a budgies feet and beak is inherited like any other feature. Often feet and beak colour depends on the bird's mutation but some mutations, like greywings, can have either grey or pink feet and beak

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you nev !! So you just prompted my next question :) What do you mean by "have either grey or pink feet and beak"?

·
Registered
10,952 Posts
Does mutation have to do with the beak colour? i see that my Kara's beak is more of an orange colour than my Kiki's? is that what you mean or is her beak a more orange colour because she is younger?

p.s. Sorry to be hijacking the thread like this :eek:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No worries Sue,... pretty much what I'm asking as well - you are just better at it :D

·
BuDgIe **ChArMeR**
2,199 Posts
ooooo, jazz is unique!:)
my wooby has the same mutation aaaaannndd he has gray feet!:)

smiley buddy - its true i find pink feet budgies very cute!!!:p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.