Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So am I right in thinking that female budgies cannot be split for gender linked mutations? For example if my pair-niether of which are INOs, had an INO chick, I would know that it had to be the father that was split INO? Just something I heard somewhere, I was wondering if it was true?

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
So am I right in thinking that female budgies cannot be split for gender linked mutations? For example if my pair-niether of which are INOs, had an INO chick, I would know that it had to be the father that was split INO? Just something I heard somewhere, I was wondering if it was true?
You are talking about sex-linked mutations so yes, in order to get sex-linked mutations from a pair that is not visible in that mutation it means the **** bird is split for it and the chick will be a hen.

To get a male you would need a visible hen and either a visible **** bird or a **** bird split to it.

Sex-linked genes include Ino, cinnamon, Lacewing, Opaline, Texas Clearbody, probably some more I can't think of right now lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.