Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello evryone:) this is what I want to ask you:
can an albino have soffusion of colour (not white), in his body?
My female ino (named Fuji) is not snow-white (pure white), but is white like milk specially near the cere and on the top of the head.
thank you for answers!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Yes albinos and lutinos can and usually have body color suffusion. Your bird maybe masking grey because of the "milky" color. Most albino's have blue suffusion. Most of the suffusion is seen in their chest and back. It is a bit odd to see it near the face.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you all for the reply. :) I wonder if this could depend from mom and dad, they are violets, maybe cinnamons... Fuji had the first mault the next month.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now I try to post a picture of Fuji and her brothers and sister:

The mauve male is Sal, Fuji is the ino one, then the violet cobalt is Sissi (female) and the latest one is Cirò (a skyblue male)
Thanks to all!
PS: Sissi is very similar to mom and dad.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I'm not exactly sure how this works but they can also have yellow factors that make them creamy. My little yellow Chai is actually a yellow albino (meaning he's not pure yellow (lutino). His sisters much have has less of this because they look just like yours! As they moulted they got yellower, but only around the face!
So, cute :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
Well here's mine. She was pure white at the store. Then I noticed the slightest of a yellow tinge. Now 6 months later she is mostly yellow.

·
Long Term Active Member Award April 2015
4,532 Posts
I love inos!! I have 2 canary yellow lutino hens that I bred myself... ( ok ok , with a little help from my male and female!)

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
Now I try to post a picture of Fuji and her brothers and sister:

The mauve male is Sal, Fuji is the ino one, then the violet cobalt is Sissi (female) and the latest one is Cirò (a skyblue male)
Thanks to all!
PS: Sissi is very similar to mom and dad.
You have a beautiful flock! :loveeyes:

The 3 blue budgies are opalines.

They need to be housed in a much larger cage, like this 30x18x36" single flight cage: http://www.birdscomfort.com/flight_bird_cage.html. In addition, the plastic perch is bad for their feet; they need wood or cloth (Comfy) perches.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I would say if both parents are opaline, cobalt, violets your little girl is an albino masking opaline and violet. The violet can also make her body look greyish and some albinos show very faint patter marks as well. Also your male must be split for albino, that's how she can be albino.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Wow, Ricki, maybe I have a creamino:), Fuji is more paler than your budgie now, but I think she is yellow everyday a little bit more... the head is exactly like your!! I've gotta wait six months??:S So much time... I can believe it! :rolleyes:
And thanks to Bridget and Susan for the tips about the cage and genetics, the cage is only for a short period, the three blues soon go to live in another home, and Fuji stay with me, for my lonely male Totò (a skyblue dominant pied). I hope they are a beautiful pair:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.