Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I have been told, and read on several articles, Cinnamons, the Pieds, Inos, Fallows always have pink feet and most other mutations are supposed to have bluish grey coloured feet.

I have Cinnamon Dilute, Full Bodied Greywing, Normal, Opalines, Greywing and a Dominant Pied in my flock.

Only my male Opaline has a bluish grey feet. All others have Pink Feet!

Cinnamon Dilute and the Dominant Pied are expected to have pink feet so that's all right. But then why do others have that?

So the pink feet is not restricted to a few specific mutations, or does it mean my birds could be split for something else?

All my Girls:

Cinnamon Dilute Yellowface 2 Skyblue, Greywing Cobalt and Opaline Mauve, with their pink feet.

The Boys with their Pink Feet:

FBC Greywing Violet Cobalt, Dominant Pied Violet Skyblue, Normal Yellowface 2 Violet Skyblue.

Sky

Emmett

Winter

Only this guy has them bluish black/grey coloured.

Opaline Skyblue (Milo)

·
Registered
133 Posts
i read that when male budgies are young they normally have pink feet that turn blue/greyish when they are about a year old. the females feet stay pink.

not sure how correct i am on this, but i know i read something like that. lol.

·
Member of the Month March 2013
2,266 Posts
I sorry I cant help with feet colours, but your budgies are so all gorgeous. :love:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i read that when male budgies are young they normally have pink feet that turn blue/greyish when they are about a year old. the females feet stay pink.

not sure how correct i am on this, but i know i read something like that. lol.
All my birds are quite old...lol but I've read that mutations have something to do with pink feet...hmm pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing what you've heard. I'll do some digging about it. :)

FWIW, my cobalt dominant pied has pied (blue and pink) feet.
Oh wow! That's new. Would love to see a picture of it, please. :)

I sorry I cant help with feet colours, but your budgies are so all gorgeous. :love:
Thank you so much! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.