Talk Budgies Forums banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Height = 40 cm
Width = 34cm
Length= 46cm View attachment 257522
View attachment 257523 It has 2 perches, 1 swing , 1 ladder , 4 Feeders (I have only put 2 because they used to try to get in the other Feeders and get stuck). I have ordered more toys which are arriving this week. Do you suggest placing the perches somewhere else ? Or changing them to smaller ones?
i guess that u can teach ur budgies to fly around one room so that u won't have to buy a new cage.U should teach them to stay in one room for most of the time,but yeah it should not have any bed under which they can get stuck.This happened with my budgie and the poor thing was suffocating.It took him some time to be normal.Also ensure that u make a small playstation kinda area for ur budgie and also give them enough exercise

·
Registered
Mango , Kiwi and late berry
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Hello.
My seed mix and millet were finished so I ordered them. And this came. It's not the one I usually order. There is no brand name. And I worry this might be harmful thought its for birds only and was sold by a pet shop owner. How should I give this to my budgies? Should I give in small quantities?
pls help 😪

·
Registered
34 Posts
but only when u are confirmed,try testing the quality,it will be helpful.Although it iss weird i tested the millets on my own before giving them to my budgies

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
Please be careful about taking advice from members other than staff. The information offered may not be accurate.

The seed mix you showed in the picture looks to be OK. Budgies should receive 1 1/2 teaspoons of seed per budgie per day.
From where did you order this seed mix?

Try sprouting some of the seed to see if it is fresh.
Sprouting Everything
Growing Seed Sprouts at Home

A Healthy Diet for your Budgie
Quality Seed Mix
CuttleBones, Mineral Blocks and Manu Clay Roses
Safe Foods for Budgies
The Truth about GRIT

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Please be careful about taking advice from members other than staff. The information offered may not be accurate.

The seed mix you showed in the picture looks to be OK. Budgies should receive 1 1/2 teaspoons of seed per budgie per day.
From where did you order this seed mix?

Try sprouting some of the seed to see if it is fresh.
Sprouting Everything
Growing Seed Sprouts at Home

A Healthy Diet for your Budgie
Quality Seed Mix
CuttleBones, Mineral Blocks and Manu Clay Roses
Safe Foods for Budgies
The Truth about GRIT
Thank you FaeryBee!
I am so grateful to be here. I get responses from people within just a few hours.

I'll try sprouting them , thank you !

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
Your budgie is older than 6 months as he has been through at least his first molt (after his baby molt).
As Starling Wings indicated, he is probably between 6 and 9 months old.

Have you ordered new perches for your budgies yet?
I recommend you remove the wooden dowel perches in the cage and replace them with natural wooden perches of varying diameters to help prevent pressure sores.
Pressure Sores
The information in this link will give examples of better options for perches:
Essentials for a Great Cage

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Urgent help needed
Hello
My budies are having loose droppings. I think because of the new millets. I tried sprouting a few millets to see if they are fresh, they did sprout . I don't know what's the problem. I can't take them to the vet right now because I need to go somewhere. I'll change their millet and seed mix when I come back. But what can I do right now ?
Budgies look active and fit though.

·
Super Moderator
3,850 Posts
If you are not sprouting things correctly the sprouts can get moldy, take away the sprouts if they have any and give them fresh seed and remove the millet if you think that is the problem.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
If you are not sprouting things correctly the sprouts can get moldy, take away the sprouts if they have any and give them fresh seed and remove the millet if you think that is the problem.
I didn't give them sprouted millets I sproutedillets to check if they are fresh or not. Please help..any home remedy for loose droppings please 🙏😢😭

21 - 40 of 75 Posts