101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
Mango , Kiwi and late berry
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Hi

We got shifted today to a new house.

And mango's poop is runny and he is screaming loudly. No matter how much kiwi and I try to comfort him.

What's the cause and what's the cure?

·
Administrator
57,360 Posts
Moving house is a big stressor for your budgie.
Cover the top and three sides of the cage to help Mango feel more secure.
Play music for him to help him calm down.
Let him have time alone to acclimate rather than fussing over him continually.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Moving house is a big stressor for your budgie.
Cover the top and three sides of the cage to help Mango feel more secure.
Play music for him to help him calm down.
Let him have time alone to acclimate rather than fussing over him continually.
Got it !

Which music would he like. I hope not birds chirping that makes them rather aggressive.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
it's 9:30 am right now and after I woke up I went to check my budgies' cage.

I think mango vommited. His head was wet but not that wet so it means it's bean some time.
Look a picture might help
Bird Vertebrate Beak Parrot Bird supply

His head feathers are spiky and I didn't leave them like that. And if you see closely on his chest I think some feathers are like wet. He also has a behavior change. He is sitting still a bit strangely.

What should I do ?

And what could possibly be the reason

·
Administrator
57,360 Posts
I an unable to see what you are referring to with regard to wet or spiky feathers.
Wait and see how Kiwi is today. He could be fine. Is he starting to molt? If so, could be why the head feathers are "spiky"

Remove the loose bell that is laying on the floor of the cage and dispose of it. From what I can see of it, it looks like it is corroded.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Hello

Can someone tell me about some mutations. Basic ones for now.

And also I will be starting taming my budgies from scratch. This time I'll be doing it the proper way.
So.. how do I do it 😅.

·
Super Moderator
4,417 Posts
He does not look like he is feeling cold, what is the temperature in your house? You should clean the dried poop off of the perch he is sitting on. There is a difference between regurgitating and vomiting and you need to be able to tell the difference. Regurgitating is a controlled motion of bringing up seeds in the attempt to feed them to something it can be another bird or sometimes a toy or another object, vomiting in uncontrolled and can be flung around the cage and it not directed to anything.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
He does not look like he is feeling cold, what is the temperature in your house? You should clean the dried poop off of the perch he is sitting on. There is a difference between regurgitating and vomiting and you need to be able to tell the difference. Regurgitating is a controlled motion of bringing up seeds in the attempt to feed them to something it can be another bird or sometimes a toy or another object, vomiting in uncontrolled and can be flung around the cage and it not directed to anything.
Yes we figured out that ge was not feeling cold.

He was basically moving his head up and down and throwing out seeds.

Another thing could it be mites. I mean I hope not but I saw something on him. That looked like mite.

And he was flapping g his wings continuously.

·
Administrator
57,360 Posts
Cody is absolutely correct. If he is vomiting and/or you think he has mites then you need to take him to an Avian Veterinarian.

Avian Vets have special training to determine the cause of symptoms resulting from illness or trauma.
This is important as "regular" vets will often overlook symptoms that are quickly obvious to an Avian Vet.
When you rely on anyone who has not had training in Avian diagnosis and care, you may be delaying effective treatment.
This can prolong suffering that may be avoidable.
The bird will often require a more intense, prolonged treatment with a poorer chance of full recovery than it would have if you seek prompt professional diagnosis and treatment at the first sign of illness.
If there are no Avian Vets near you, please find an Exotic Pet Veterinarian with experience in dealing with small birds.

101 - 120 of 120 Posts