·
Registered
Mango , Kiwi and late berry
132 Posts
One of My budgie is having grey poop.
Please help
Textile Publication Font Material property Ruler

I am confused about what to do.

I figured out that this is the poop of the budgie that seems overweight, as told in previous posts.

His droppings were normal in the day but since evening they have started getting watery.

Product Font Material property Paper Parallel

This is the other Budgie's poop.

They ate sprouts today

·
Administrator
59,145 Posts
Your budgie is ill and needs to be seen by an Avian Veterinarian for the proper diagnosis.

Avian Vets have special training to determine the cause of symptoms resulting from illness or trauma.
This is important as "regular" vets will often overlook symptoms that are quickly obvious to an Avian Vet.
When you rely on anyone who has not had training in Avian diagnosis and care, you may be delaying effective treatment.
This can prolong suffering that may be avoidable.
The bird will often require a more intense, prolonged treatment with a poorer chance of full recovery than it would have if you seek prompt professional diagnosis and treatment at the first sign of illness.
If there are no Avian Vets near you, please find an Exotic Pet Veterinarian with experience in dealing with small birds.

Animal Hospitals, Birds Hospitals, Veterinary Health Centers

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Your budgie is ill and needs to be seen by an Avian Veterinarian for the proper diagnosis.

Avian Vets have special training to determine the cause of symptoms resulting from illness or trauma.
This is important as "regular" vets will often overlook symptoms that are quickly obvious to an Avian Vet.
When you rely on anyone who has not had training in Avian diagnosis and care, you may be delaying effective treatment.
This can prolong suffering that may be avoidable.
The bird will often require a more intense, prolonged treatment with a poorer chance of full recovery than it would have if you seek prompt professional diagnosis and treatment at the first sign of illness.
If there are no Avian Vets near you, please find an Exotic Pet Veterinarian with experience in dealing with small birds.

Animal Hospitals, Birds Hospitals, Veterinary Health Centers
So what exactly has happened ?

And till I get him seen by an avian vet, what do I need to do ?

·
Administrator
59,145 Posts
You've been around the forums long enough that you should have read ALL of the budgie articles and stickies by now.
These things should be readily apparent to you without you needing to be told.

We have no way of knowing "what exactly has happened". That is why you need to get him seen by an Avian Vet as soon as possible.
When a bird starts showing symptoms, it is already very ill.

Locating an Avian Veterinarian

Separate the budgie from the other -- put it in a small cage on its own.
Try to ensure it is eating and drinking and get in touch with an Avian Vet as soon as possible.

Give him Guardian Angel or Pedialyte.

Guardian Angel//Pedialyte//Pedialyte Recipe

Good luck. Let us know what you find out from the Avian Vet regarding your budgie's condition.
Sending love and healing energy for your little one.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
You've been around the forums long enough that you should have read ALL of the budgie articles and stickies by now.
These things should be readily apparent to you without you needing to be told.

We have no way of knowing "what exactly has happened". That is why you need to get him seen by an Avian Vet as soon as possible.
When a bird starts showing symptoms, it is already very ill.

Locating an Avian Veterinarian

Separate the budgie from the other -- put it in a small cage on its own.
Try to ensure it is eating and drinking and get in touch with an Avian Vet as soon as possible.

Give him Guardian Angel or Pedialyte.

Guardian Angel//Pedialyte//Pedialyte Recipe

Good luck. Let us know what you find out from the Avian Vet regarding your budgie's condition.
Sending love and healing energy for your little one.
He is not showing any other symptoms. He is eating fine and his droppings are seem normal. Its night over here right now, getting him checked by an avian vet will be the first thing in morning

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Hello everyone,
It's been a while since I opened the forum. Everything thing is ok here. I've been busy trying new diets for my budgies to keep them in shape 😉. They have been losing the extra weight that they had put up.

161 - 168 of 168 Posts