Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! How's everyone? The day before I went to Greece's capital city, Athens for an interview. It's a 6 hour trip to go to Athens from Thessaloniki, so I took the bus at midnight and got to Athens by morning. When I completed my task, I went to the city centre for a small walk, before returning to Thessaloniki again. :) Usually I prefer going to smaller cities than the city I live, Athens is a very big city, 3 million people live there and has an amazing history. :)
So my walk began outside the Parliament house. It was built in 1840 :)

Then I went to the National Gardens of Athens, outside the Zappeion :)

And this is the Zappeion, the first building to be erected specifically for the revival of Olympic games :) it was built in 1874 from Evangelos Zappas.

These old columns belong to an ancient building from the ancient roman market area

And of course, the Parthenon and the symbol of the city, an ancient temple of the Athenian Acropolis. It was built in 438 BC :) I am sorry I took this poor photo, but I had to go!

Hope you enjoyed it! :wave1:

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dee! :) Athens is beautiful, it has so much to see! :) and it's very big city compared to our city here, I used 3 different means of transport to go to the places I wanted to go :p
My interview went well, hopefully I'll be hearing from them next week :fingerx:

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
These pics are great Despina! :)
I'm glad you managed to unwind for a bit after your interview.
It must have been really tiresome take a 6 hours trip to Athens, be focused for the interview and then take additional 6 hours ride back home.

I hope you will get the job! :fingerx:

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks so much guys! Yes, it was very tiring, I am still taking a rest whenever I can! :) thank you for your wishes too, I hope all this journey will be acknowledged! These places I went had indeed so few people wandering, it's "the old Athens" area and only tourists visit it on a regular weekday. In the other places I went I saw lots and lots of people going to their jobs, greeks and foreigners! I have to thank them also for their help, without them I would be lost in this city! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.