Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On 20th May my rabbit Flopsy was in my garden when a fox jumped over the fence in daylight :mad:. My dad scared it off but Flopsy was on the log pile in my garden with a small puncture behind her ear. We're not sure if the fox actually got to Flopsy but she did suffer:(. I few days later we took her to the vet when some bubbling on her spine worried my dad.
By now Flopsy had gone from a flop of nothing to being able to eat and drink without us having to be there (as long as the food and water were close by) :), but she couldn't get up off her side and could only lift her head so she couldn't hop about:(.
The vet said she was suffering from shock and had swelling behind her eyes that weren't attracting (getting smaller when light was shone into them):(. We were given some treatment for her and today (26th May) she's going back to the vet.
Now she can not only sit up and eat and drink, but hop round:D. She is a little wobbly but she's not going to make a full recovery in less than a week. She's also got her vocals back, Flospy is now grunting again but still wants more attention than ever:D.
I think Flopsy will make a full recovery and be out in her hutch again before we know it:), but my parents think she may stay in her hutch after what happened.:D

·
Registered
533 Posts
So, pleased Flopsy is on the mend...we have a fox wandering around our street at night, it follows the tracks of the local feral cats...good advice from your parents.

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
Sound's like as close a call as can happen, and end happily. Aren't many fox around my area any more, the coyote's have killed them off...:eek:

Reactions: Jo Ann and FaeryBee

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
Oh my, that must have been so scary...
It's good to know your Flopsy's condition has improved and she is feeling better.
I'm wishing her a steady and full recovery. :)

Reactions: Jo Ann

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sound's like as close a call as can happen, and end happily. Aren't many fox around my area any more, the coyote's have killed them off...:eek:
coyotes! :eek:

There aren't any wild coyotes were I'm from. I think there are some in captivity somewere in england, not were I'm from but I do live near a zoo that has white wolves.
All the wild coyotes and wolves were killed to extinction in england centries ago by farmers and hunters that wanted them to stop killing livestock and wanted there coats.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back from Vet

I've come back from the vet with exellent news :D.
The vet said Flopsy is very likely to make a full recovery even though the report from last time we went said "recovery is doubful" :D. Then we weren't charged for the vet appointment, because it was classed as a checkup and the first checkup for every patient is free at the vet we went to, so I can go horse riding tomorrow :D.
However, Flopsy really didn't like the car journey to and from the vet:), but was good as gold for the vet and didn't grunt once:D.

·
Registered
37,335 Posts
WOW Flopsy was indeed very lucky to have survived and recovered .Foxes are a nuisance around here where I live as well. My neighbour had a terrible time last year with their lambs being killed.
Perhaps when she is outside in her hutch she will need to be watched to make sure she isn't traumatised .:budgie:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW Flopsy was indeed very lucky to have survived and recovered .Foxes are a nuisance around here where I live as well. My neighbour had a terrible time last year with their lambs being killed.
Perhaps when she is outside in her hutch she will need to be watched to make sure she isn't traumatised .:budgie:
Lambs:(
Thats terrible, I've only ever seen foxes in town places and by houses, never in a field with livestock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.