Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know it's here somewhere but couldn't find the thread. But how do you get rainbow budgies?

Please explain if you had no rainbows and if you had one rainbow.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I feed mine rainbow paddlepops :D

·
Long Term Active Member Award June 2015
3,413 Posts
Lol you really have rainbows?
LOL, not yet.

But I am considering moving to Germany...(not for the birds though)

search for 'rainbow wellensittich' I could not pull the website up, maybe my firefox addon making me sweat...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
blue opaline clearwing yf2.

you can probably find an opaline yf2 without too much hunting, or cross an opaline male with a yf2 hen to get some. but you also need clearwing which is recessive. so both parents need to have clearwing (or one has clearwing and one has dilute) to get clearwing chicks.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Its a combination of opaline clearwing yellowface (any) blue series (any).

Personally I would love to see an opaline clearwing goldenface double factor violet cobalt with some yellow spillage on the chest. The contrast between the golden yellow (as opposed to the 'lemon' yellow seen in YF1 and YF2) and the deep violet colour is a naturally stunning effect. Add to this the obvious effect the various combination of genes has on the wings and the overall look of the bird and you have yourself one eye full of colour!

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its a combination of opaline clearwing yellowface (any) blue series (any).

Personally I would love to see an opaline clearwing goldenface double factor violet cobalt with some yellow spillage on the chest. The contrast between the golden yellow (as opposed to the 'lemon' yellow seen in YF1 and YF2) and the deep violet colour is a naturally stunning effect. Add to this the obvious effect the various combination of genes has on the wings and the overall look of the bird and you have yourself one eye full of colour!
That would be gorgeous!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.