Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI. Everyone I took some photo's of a RainBow Lorekeet or some people call them Blue Mountain Parrots anyways i thought id try my camera out and usually there are two of them but there was only the one today.. The colours are just Beautiful we sure have Beautiful Parrots in Australia. These Parrots are wild. I see these every day...Please enjoy.

RainBow Lorekett Parrot feeding on our Grass Tree in the front yard.

This photo was taken in our back yard they love the Native Flowers.

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,230 Posts
omg!! these birds are stunning!! you're so lucky to see them!!

·
10,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
omg!! these birds are stunning!! you're so lucky to see them!!
Thank you they are beautiful you can also own them as pets they sell them in the Pet Stores here you have to have a license with Papers to have one of these birds.. They are Protected Birds..

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,787 Posts
Wow, it really has some beautiful, vibrant colours! :) I have seen a few rainbow lorikeets for sale here in my country.

·
10,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, it really has some beautiful, vibrant colours! :) I have seen a few rainbow lorikeets for sale here in my country.
I have been trying to take there photo for the last few days as when i go out the front door they fly away this time i sneaked up on them but there was only one there has been two on the grass tree.. Glad you liked the photo's

·
Registered
219 Posts
Great pictures of a beautiful bird. I'd love to look out my window and see that! Your new camera (and you, of course!) takes very nice/crisp photos.

·
Administrator
57,005 Posts
Amazingly gorgeous birds! I can't imagine being able to see something that colorful outside in my yard every day.

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
Oooh, a Rambo Lorie! It's a beautiful bird :)

·
10,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Amazingly gorgeous birds! I can't imagine being able to see something that colorful outside in my yard every day.
Thank you Deb.. Glad that you liked the photo's i see this every day we have all sorts of Parrots in our back yard.. We are so luckly

·
Loyalty Award Recipient January 2015//Deactivated
3,928 Posts
I have never seen such a stunning parrot. Your photos are beautiful, Lyn. Very professional. Do these birds sing? I would love to see them every day, flying in the garden. It must be a spectacular sight.

·
10,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have never seen such a stunning parrot. Your photos are beautiful, Lyn. Very professional. Do these birds sing? I would love to see them every day, flying in the garden. It must be a spectacular sight.
Glad that you liked the photo's yes they do make a squarking sound.

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,409 Posts
Rainbow

Really great photos, Lynn. Australia is a dreamland to me. Amazing that we can share with you so far away. Thank you.

Blessings,

Jo A:budgie:nn

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.